Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

do you think you'll ever witness brighton playing in a european competition?

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Yes.

Europa league is way better than the champions league... my fantasy group would be: Albion (group winners), Valencia (Vicente love-in!), Tromso (from Norway, the Northernmost top-level club in the world), Rapid Bucurest (the old railway worker's club, from Romanian's Divizia A), and Lille (amazing new stadium, just over the water, we'd take thousands to a match at Lille!).

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Yes.

Europa league is way better than the champions league... my fantasy group would be: Albion (group winners), Valencia (Vicente love-in!), Tromso (from Norway, the Northernmost top-level club in the world), Rapid Bucurest (the old railway worker's club, from Romanian's Divizia A), and Lille (amazing new stadium, just over the water, we'd take thousands to a match at Lille!).

All of this.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
If ever we do manage it, and then don't stay up, we'll be getting the parachute payments ourselves,and could look forward to probably the biggest budget in the league.

Promotion this year would so valuable to the club, hope we don't regret our lack of strikers.

I could talk for days on the subject. This season may actually represent our best opportunity. The three relegated haven't been the formidable opponents that should have been, Blackburn are just barking, Wolves suffered with a strange managerial appointment and didn't act fast enough and Bolton have also taken time to adjust through the Coyle exit Freedman arrival period. I think relegated clubs will wise up to it and be better prepared for relegation and, of course, have significant budgets to work with.

I think this year will be the last where the 3 relegated pose little threat, and that perhaps in future the best a non relegated club can hope for is a play off spot when they will likely be outsiders against 2 or 3 teams that still have the new parachutes at their disposal.

I think the gap between the have's and have nots will only get bigger and there's only so much a canny Manager (and I reckon it's no better than 50/50 that we hang on to Poyet if we don't go up) and some cute transfer dealings can achieve

It's a view I know many don't share so I'd be more than happy to be proven wrong

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Twelve years ago Leicester City were playing in Europe..........They are comparable with us, or at least what we soon will be.

Yes , I believe that I will see The Albion in Europe !

I don't see how you can compare us to Leicester. Yes we get similar crowds and have a nice(r) stadium but our history is predominately L1. I'm not sure they've ever even been in L1 and certainly have spent years and years at the highest level. Right now we're equals but when they were in Europe they were a very well established top flight team.

I'd be delighted just to get promoted, and as much as I like to gamble I wouldn't even put money on that any time soon

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Was having a BHA programme/GullsEye/Seagull Saga/Tommy Cook Report clear out yesterday and came across my Wimbledon v some European club programme from that bizarre Goldstone fixture in the Intertoto Cup circa 1990-something. It was one of two fixtures played at our ground, sadly BHA didn't feature.

mac04

Nov 15, 2011
RH12
I don't see how you can compare us to Leicester. Yes we get similar crowds and have a nice(r) stadium but our history is predominately L1. I'm not sure they've ever even been in L1 and certainly have spent years and years at the highest level. Right now we're equals but when they were in Europe they were a very well established top flight team.

I'd be delighted just to get promoted, and as much as I like to gamble I wouldn't even put money on that any time soon

Leicester were in L1 a couple of years ago.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Just hopefully everyone won't try to start on us like most European teams. Wouldn't like a trip to Lazio in all honesty...

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
I'd like to think we will be where Swansea are now in about 3 years time, so we could win the Carling/COC/WhateverItWillBeCalled Cup and get into Europe that way.

After playing in the Premier League, we'd be foolish not to attempt actually winning the League Cup - not taken as seriously by big clubs !!

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I had this thought/dream a while ago. Thursday nights playing on an artificial pitch at sub zero temperatures in God knows what eastern european country?.....sounds good to me!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here