Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you think you'd like Gus if he was the manager of Southampton?

What would you think of Gus if he managed Southampton

• Total voters

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I think I'd be indifferent to him. I'm not really upset by anything in particular that Adkins has said, I just don't like his salesman persona whenever I've seen him in post match interviews on TV. Like he feels the need to sell football to the fans, whilst looking like he wants to burst out laughing, gus has a passionate football person persona which I'm largely indifferent to, depending on how it shows (can be amusing at times).

Last edited:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Think how much we'd love Adkins if he was our boss.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Would probably not like him as he whinges too much against refs during the game when we don't get a decision
Not sure if Gus did it but I know Taricco was flashing imaginary cards against Huddersfield last season and wanting their players to be booked when we got fouled (this I hate)
Decisions even out over the season so just let the ref get on with his job

As he is our manager though I don't give a toss that he does these things
I know his many positive attributes so love him

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Gus is 1 of the Characters where you love him if he's yours, Hate him if he's not. I love the fact he irritates other fan's. Hope he keeps it up for many years to come

Yeovil Saint

Apr 22, 2011
Gus is 1 of the Characters where you love him if he's yours, Hate him if he's not. I love the fact he irritates other fan's. Hope he keeps it up for many years to come
This. Personally, I don't have a problem with Gus but he is a wind up merchant. If he were manager of Saints I would love him for all the reasons you guys do.

TottonSFC

Oct 19, 2011
I don't get why you hate Adkins for the "If they can keep up with us" comment. It was said in a light hearted manner, Adkins is complementary of every team we play, unlike Gus (Dagenham and Redbridge quote for a start, funny how Rickie Lambert is the difference between the bottom of League 2 and The Championship).

Gus is petty, threatening to walk if he doesn't get his own way. His head to head is also worse than Adkins' and Adkins also has us playing better, more effective football.

But I guess we're all going to argue the case for our managers so it's a pointless argument

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
I think you have to admire, or at least respect somebody who tries to play the game the right way, and who sticks to their beliefs no matter how many his own club's fans are booing!
Even through the hard times he will stick to his style, and stand up for what he believes to be right, for me this character trait is priceless.
I honestly HOPE he stays with us for a long, long time, and he might, considering everything here is perfect for him to develop and make his own.
I think he will establish us in the Pl then eventually move on to manage his beloved country.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I don't get why you hate Adkins for the "If they can keep up with us" comment. It was said in a light hearted manner, Adkins is complementary of every team we play, unlike Gus (Dagenham and Redbridge quote for a start, funny how Rickie Lambert is the difference between the bottom of League 2 and The Championship).

Gus is petty, threatening to walk if he doesn't get his own way. His head to head is also worse than Adkins' and Adkins also has us playing better, more effective football.

But I guess we're all going to argue the case for our managers so it's a pointless argument

We don't like Adkins because he is a smug arrogant twat, the "keep up" comment just reinforced that view. I'd fully expect your physio to have you playing better football in this league seeing as he has managed in this league before - last season was GP's first full season as a manager. Ultimately NA is a twat but he's your twat, and if Gus was your manager you'd love him just like we do, and I'd more than likely hate him with a passion if he was anyone elses.

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
would still like him if he doesnt change too much ... i hope he doesnt happen as if it does i will have to change my answer to the thread about clubs i hate

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here