Sep 21, 2009
Under Your Skin.
where is the " we will make the PLAY-OFFS" option? :rant:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
No.

And I tell you what will happen. It will happen on the last day. It will come down to some freakish set of results like Exeter winning at Norwich 5-0 and Hartlepool beating Leeds 6-4 or something.

And it will be because of the

A) Blindless optimism we have and this "oh we are unlucky". Well we are running out of games.

B) Because we didnt beat teams like Oldham, MK Dons, Hartlepool etc at HOME. Other teams ARE.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yes. Ridiculous question. Next.

Last edited:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I'm not sure either. I think some players, and maybe even others at the club have lost sight of the fact that we would probably have pulled off last season's escape 1 in about 20 times. It was ridiculous from the position we were in, and the form we were showing. You cannot expect to get that lucky again, so we have to make sure we get points on the board and it doesn't go that late again. But we're patently failing to do that.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
We will probably stay up but this blind faith that we will stay up is pissing me off. We don't have a right to be in this division. We have won twice at home. TWICE. That is beyond poor. If anything we are more likely to go down than stay up. We are on course to get 48 points. That is relegation. I don't see what is going to turn it around now.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
We will probably stay up but this blind faith that we will stay up is pissing me off. We don't have a right to be in this division. We have won twice at home. TWICE. That is beyond poor. If anything we are more likely to go down than stay up. We are on course to get 48 points. That is relegation. I don't see what is going to turn it around now.

How do you work out 48 points?

"On course" is based on what?

Recent form (which would give us the best indication) - Won 2, Drawn 2, Lost 1 - that's upper midtable form.

Form since Poyet took over? - Won 4, Drawn 2, Lost 6 - lower midtable form.

So all (sensible) indicators suggest it's very unlikely we'll go down.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Who's using blind faith? I'm using results to back up my argument that we will stay up.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Mate you are banging on about current form but that doesn't last forever. I have got 48 points from our average points per game at the moment which is pretty poor. How many point do we have from the games we have played? How many home games have we won? Where are we in the table? All these indicate a relegation struggle, though last year we came 16th by some minor miracle and a bit of luck.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Our home form is getting to be a worry, I'd hoped Poyet might turn it round a bit quicker but it hasn't happened. You can say we've played the top sides, but sides like Colchester, Millwall, even Charlton have not played well to beat us, and the stat someone posted of 1 goal in 7 home league games is shocking whoever the opposition.

It is tight though and I'm sure I'll feel a lot better if we beat Orient, but really, I want to see a home win. :down:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Mate you are banging on about current form but that doesn't last forever. I have got 48 points from our average points per game at the moment which is pretty poor. How many point do we have from the games we have played? How many home games have we won? Where are we in the table? All these indicate a relegation struggle, though last year we came 16th by some minor miracle and a bit of luck.

Course it doesn't last forever but it is our BEST indicator of what will happen next.

Where are we in the table? Not in the relegation spots. I'm not saying we might not have a few uneasy moments but I would be willing to bet a lot of money we won't go down.

Our away form puts us THIRD in the table. That cannot be ignored.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Our away form is fantastic. However the home form is a big worry for me teams don't tend to do well unless they win at home.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Our away form is fantastic. However the home form is a big worry for me teams don't tend to do well unless they win at home.

It is a big worry agreed. I think we will continue our fine away form and will slowly scrape together a few more wins at home.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here