Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you think the club should be able to sort park and ride?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
for the new seats?

These seats would undoubtably pay for themselves whilst we are in the Championship wouldn't they?

I don't think it unreasonable to expect the club to be able to work a solution. If the club are unable to solve this minor (compared to building a new stadium) problem does it not make you have reservations as to whether they could actually bring about all the complexities involved in Falmer, if given the go ahead?

I am not knocking or trying to be controversial I just cannot accept the lame excuses for not being able to resolve the park and ride. There has to be a solution and the club should be able to find it.

The potential earnings of these 2,000 seats for league games only is £1,150,000.00 :eek:

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I dont think its up to the club is it?

Its a council requirement as its their ground and they approved somewhere ( Crowhurst Road?) but this is now not available?

I think the club are on to a hiding for nothing about this.

Nov 3, 2003
with the lap dog and dick tight in charge is it no wonder the wet fish havent sorted this out YES these seats are VITAL to maintain the success in wales yet the club are so sight shorted in their tunnel vision of Falmer that insufficient effort and weigh is placed n these new seats. eggs in all one basket - its no yoke dick - get these new seats in place before the seaosn starts - like you promised your faithfull fans!

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
This is the same council who support the Falmer application for 20,000 plus seat stadium but won't help sort out an extra 2,000 seats a mile or so down the road then?

Keith B Wetherill

Oct 6, 2003
Helsinki,Finland
:rolleyes: I still have my reservations, What i dislike most is the fact that the info regarding new seats is all about speculation amongst fans.
I have e-mailed the chairman on this subject at least twice to try and find the rael truth of the matter but to date no reply.
It worries me if we continue to nothing,surely that doesn't bode well for a yes answer from over-promoted Prescott!!!
Does the club have the nouse to get on and handle such a large project if there is difficulty sorting a Park & Ride:glare:

Nov 3, 2003
Icy what an excellent point you make. :clap: :clap:

and "Does the club have the nouse to get on and handle such a large project if there is difficulty sorting a Park & Ride" - exactly what ive been saying for ages Keith- welcome to the Academy of Geniuses!

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
FG aka Football Genius. said:
Icy what an excellent point you make. :clap: :clap:

I'm not sure I want to be seen to be aligned with you in any way though FG :ohmy:

The Club DID sort out a third site for Park & Ride - Carden Avenue. Senior (Labour) Council members advised that it looked possible that the Traffic Regulation Orders necessary to achieve the road closures on match day might not be approved by the Environment Committee. The reason for this is that there is no longer a Labour majority on the committee, thanks to last year's election results.

The Chair of the Environment Committee did, however, make a public promise that the Council would help find an alternative, acceptable site. Unfortunately, the Council have yet to identify it.

Carden Avenue hasn't yet been formally rejected. It just hasn't got through the Environment Committee.

I personally think it IS the best site. The villains are the Withdean residents, who are happy to campaign FOR Falmer, but turn into bog-standard NIMBYs when it comes to helping the Club at the current location. Sadly, they have the ear of the Tories, who effectively hold the key to the vote on the Environment Committee, and (to judge from the publicity sheet circulated in Hove and Portslade this week) seem to think that "supporting the Albion" is a vote-winner. Provided it doesn't actually mean ... er ... supporting the Albion's Carden Avenue plan.

And people accuse Blair of hypocrisy.

:angry: :angry: :angry:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Is it that the residents of Withdean whilst supporting Falmer, because it suits their ends, are hopeful that the proposed park & ride is rejected thus avoiding any possibility of another extention to our stay at Withdean due to our financial position. Is there any expected time scale on obtaining approval for the new park & ride?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here