• No, Bowditch should start

Votes: 38 48.7%
  • I have no idea

Votes: 4 5.1%

• Total voters

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
Bowditch had been ineffective as a wide player since he joined us.

I know that Jakey is a good impact player, when coming on as a sub. But I just feel that we need to give him another starting chance to mix it up a bit.

I can't see Wilkins doing it though.

lyndon

Nov 12, 2006
Jakey should have his chance to start this weekend, he will be looking to play immensely to then keep his place, bowditch hasn't been great recently and bringing him on later might stir him up a little.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Jake to run at a tireing defence. Too lightweight for those Cumbrian bastards.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Whilst I have been a bit disappointed with Bowditch so far, he has shown some glimpses of what he is capable of doing and certainly knows how to run at the man. We are unbeaten in five, so I would try and avoid changing too many things and Robinson has offered a threat coming off the bench, despite being very poor against Oldham.

I wonder how many times we have to go over this. Robinson makes a decent impact coming on late in the game. Fans demand that Robinson is recalled to the starting line up, Robinson called up at some stage. Robinson decent. Robinson ineffective. Robinson back on the bench. And round we go.

Plus, it is a bit of a tall order if he struggles when starting and we are playing a team that has only dropped points twice at home this season.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I wonder how many times we have to go over this. Robinson makes a decent impact coming on late in the game. Fans demand that Robinson is recalled to the starting line up, Robinson called up at some stage. Robinson decent. Robinson ineffective. Robinson back on the bench. And round we go.

How many games on the trot has he actually started though? You suggest letting Bowditch play on even though he hasn't found form but seem to think that Jake has to make an immediate impact or get dropped to be super sub. Are you DW?

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Cox not going to Carlisle so Jakey and Bowditch both start?

Westlake replaced Cox on Tuesday, so don't see why Jake and Bowditch will both start.

Accepting that many think Jake's a good impact player off the bench, I'd still like to see him given a run of games to see if he can get some consistency going. I voted play Jake.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
How many games on the trot has he actually started though? You suggest letting Bowditch play on even though he hasn't found form but seem to think that Jake has to make an immediate impact or get dropped to be super sub. Are you DW?

Bowditch is a better player and has performed at a higher level with more consistency than Robinson. Besides that, it has worked so far over the last five games! Whilst I did say Bowditch hasn't been that great so far, I feel he will offer more than Jake from the start. Particular against a decent team, in Carlisle.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Bowditch is a better player and has performed at a higher level with more consistency than Robinson. .

Really? Must say I thought he'd been a sicknote for most of his career and didn't set the world alight at his last loan club, Northampton.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Bowditch is by far the better footballer but is playing badly. But Wendy says Bowditch is a confidence player so he has to start if there is any chance he can make a difference against a quality outfit in Carlisle

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
going away from home, against a side who havent dropped a point on their own patch since september, when we havent won on the road since december, and playing a player who is poor defensively and often hit and miss attacking wise doesnt really seem like a good idea

much better coming off the bench - provided he is given enough time obviously

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
going away from home, against a side who havent dropped a point on their own patch since september, when we havent won on the road since december, and playing a player who is poor defensively and often hit and miss attacking wise doesnt really seem like a good idea

So we don't play Bowditch or Robinson then?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
So we don't play Bowditch or Robinson then?

havent seen bowditch enough to comment on the defensive side of his game. the likelehood is is that we are going to be under the cosh for the majority of the game, and having a midfield player who cant tackle is not going to aid the situation in the slightest

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I think Jake deserves another run, but for Saturday's game Bowditch is a better bet as will help out the full back position more. At home Robinson should be playing every time in my book, but Wilkins knows more about football than any of us so happy to trust his judgement more than mine!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Jake to start in my opinion. Bowditch for the bench.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here