Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do You Think Joel Lynch Will Play For Us Again??

Should He Stay or Should He Go

• Total voters

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
How did you come to that conclusion from that quote?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Personally I hope he does play for us again - he is IMO probably our second best central defender - but me wamting him back, well that's a different matter to whether or not he will return or not.

Have any of you lot actually spoken to him, to hear his side of the story, or do you all just blindly believe all the spoon fed drivel that comes from the media and indeed from the club....

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
As a young player still developing he needs to be playing more regular football. I can understand his desire to move away if he had limited opportunity here. If Notts Forest can stay up and we dont get near the playoffs then it may well be a good decision. If Notts Forest come straight back down then it will be another Hammondesque decision.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
By reading it? Perhaps I'm wrong but that's how I took it. He wants away.
99% of our players and staff would "want away" if they had an opportunity to play at a higher level with a club that is bigger and better in just about every way. It's sad but true.
And it probably goes double when you've fallen out with a manager who clearly doesn't value you.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
99% of our players and staff would "want away" if they had an opportunity to play at a higher level with a club that is bigger and better in just about every way. It's sad but true.
And it probably goes double when you've fallen out with a manager who clearly doesn't value you.

Crikey! What's double 99%? You're right of course. Not sure he'll cut it just yet at Championship level though.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Hopefully he plays well and we get some decent cash for him. 400K - 200K on a new centre half and 200k on a central midfielder.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Hopefully he plays well and we get some decent cash for him. 400K - 200K on a new centre half and 200k on a central midfielder.

I agree with the central midfielder but we do not need a central defender if Adams, White and Booker get their head into gear and play Virgo in one of his best positions.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
I agree with the central midfielder but we do not need a central defender if Adams, White and Booker get their head into gear and play Virgo in one of his best positions.

Yeah good point. I forgot about Virgo at centre half :thud: I think Adams must have as well.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Assumably he doesn't get on with Adams and has had an offer to play for team with history, a division above us and with a proper ground and facilities. Why wouldn't he want away?

unnameable

Feb 25, 2004
Oxford/Lancing
He can bog off. From The Argus...............He said when moving to the City Ground: “It was time for me to get away and try to kick on.

“I just want to enjoy my football and hopefully get an extension on the loan. I want to stay here for as long as I can, that is my goal. It is a massive club and a completely different experience to Brighton.”

For that last sentence alone, Lynch should never play for Albion again. No young player that has left Albion for a bigger club has ever made such a patronising and insulting comment.

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
No i don't think Joel will play for the club which is a shame considering how long he has been with the club - another situation obviously handled badly

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
As a young player still developing he needs to be playing more regular football. I can understand his desire to move away if he had limited opportunity here. If Notts Forest can stay up and we dont get near the playoffs then it may well be a good decision. If Notts Forest come straight back down then it will be another Hammondesque decision.

Whether Forest go down or not, they are still a bigger club than the Albion. It is very different to Hammond.
Whatever happens if he signs and starts for Forest then it is a big step forward in his career.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
A quick question regarding Joel Lynch and his disaffection... could it have anything to do with Dean Wilkins? He was a DW youth team player. Perhaps he's unhappy with his treatment?

Adams has only said he still has a chance of making the Albion team, so we can actually get something for him.
Face it people, Lynch hasn't stopped anyone from scoring a goal against us in his whole career. He's just been there making up numbers.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here