Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you think Hodgo' should give Gerro' a rest and give Lampo' a go v Ukraine

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
Not really bothered about who plays, as long as when they come out for the second half they remember they are playing a footy match and it takes some participation, rather than looking at their coiffure on the big screen and conceding poor goals ???

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
JT looked like he was trying to run with a ball and chain attached to his ankles... Maybe he was in training for that very possible eventuality???

He shouldn't be in the squad after this tournament, along with one or two others! We won't win this competition or any other with the players available in the near future.

A complete overhaul of our game/players should be undertaken once we are knocked out, which will no doubt be in an embarrassing manner!

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
JT looked like he was trying to run with a ball and chain attached to his ankles... Maybe he was in training for that very possible eventuality???

A complete overhaul of our game/players should be undertaken once we are knocked out, which will no doubt be in an embarrassing manner!

I can't stand JT but you are dead wrong on this occasion. He was by far and away the most intelligent positionally he has been for a good while. Glenn Johnson has great for pace and timely interceptions but Ashley Cole has played better.

As for we are never going to win this competition...no shiit Sherlock.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Gerrard was one of the best players on the pitch first half IMO, but faded in the second and whether that's down to fatigue or just poor performance we will never know.
Glenn Johnson was more of a worry, a couple of very good tackles, but again he was caught out defensively on numerous occassions like those against France. Not to mention being far too deep and playing the Swedes onside for one of the goals. His defending at times is top draw, but at others it is f***ing dreadful.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I cannot understand why people are slating GLEN JOHNSON he has been better this tournament than at any other time during his England career.

true, but a fairly low bar to reach, you'd agree? If he wasnt such a muppet about selection, Micah Richards would be easily be first choice RB.

so far only real disappointment (other than collectivly appalling first 10-15 minutes 2nd half agaisnt Sweden) has been Young, who really hasnt justified any further involvement.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
We have a few decent CMs coming through, Wilshere, Rodwell, Lansbury, McEachran.

Lansbury and McEachran particularly need to start getting game time though.

D

Deleted member 18477

We have a few decent CMs coming through, Wilshere, Rodwell, Lansbury, McEachran.

Lansbury and McEachran particularly need to start getting game time though.

Is josh mc actually any good? I've seen him play once I think for Chelsea in a league cup game and he was crap!

He didn't even get in the Swansea team when on loan there. He needs to worry about his club career first surely!

Lansbury needs prem footy, which I'm sure he'll get from somewhere next season if not with west ham. Not sure if he's good enough for England though. Time will tell with him and josh mc.

Rodwell and Wilshire are going to play a big part in England's future for sure. No idea what team Rwoy would have played if Wilshire had of been fit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here