Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you think Hodgo' should give Gerro' a rest and give Lampo' a go v Ukraine

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
stevie looks knackerred which is suprising seeing as he's had a good month off.......i would definitely give lamps a go for the next match..........does anyone else have anopinion/give a shit.......?:moo:

Last edited:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Is Theo-o ok?

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
You better start praying if Gerrard drops out for any reason there is Jordan Henderson waiting to come in, god help us then.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Probably only Gerrard has an England future because he is Hodgson's captain plus don't forget the stunning crosses he put in for Lescott and Carroll's goals. OK he isn't the same player he was 3-4 years ago, he does have the experience, respect and bearing to be Captain and will come up with something special in most games. The problem for Gerrard is that he is having to play a more restrained role and doesn't have the world class players around him to free him up. We certainly don't have anyone better than him at present so will have to put up with the odd error from him.

I can't see Lampard coming back now that Hodgson is building for the next World Cup. After these Euros Terry won't get in the squad a) on form - he was too easily skinned by Ibrahimovic last night plus b) there is his other baggage, I think his England career will now draw to a close very shortly. Time for Cahill, Lescott, Jones etc to step up full time.

I also think that Scott Parker will only feature in the short term, I admire the 110% effort he always puts in and is willing to take all sorts of hits for the team but he is struggling to do 90 mins at this level.

Fingers crossed that Wilshere will be fit next season and we can build an England midfield around Oxlade-Chamberlain, Walcott and possibly Cleverley and Henderson although they seem very raw (and injury prone) at this stage. The trouble is too many foreign players in the Prem not allowing England qualified youngsters to develop up to England standard let alone become world class. For example how many young Englsih players featured in Chelsea's Champs Lge win? - Sturridge didn't get much of a look in. Contrast that with the Germans having most of the Bayern Munich club team in their international side, including some talented youngsters.

What a shame that Jake Forster-Caskey didn't gain more first team experience last season because it would be great to see him in the U-21s and who knows where he might move on from there.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
gerrard was woeful last night - totally overran in midfield by championship style players.

too old, too slow, and the odd "sprayed lofted pass" seems to blind everyone into thinking he is great.

liability.....but unfortunately only liverpools youth team in reserve. we are doomed. i would put rooney in the middle instead of gerrard, his workrate is probably the best out all the players in the tournament and hav parker to bodyguard him.

xollob

Jun 9, 2012
Brighton
Did anybody notice Ibrahimovic giving Hart some abuse when they went 2 -1 up? Loving the fact that he( Ibrahimovic) is now a double loser and out of tournament. Hope Hart gave him a bit of stick after final whistle.

tgretton87

Shoreham Beach Seagull#2
Jul 30, 2011
Gerrard was Englands best player in the first half. Ashley young looked lightweight and I would play the OX instead of him. The rest of the team looked ok and I would continue in the same vain against Ukraine.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
What I don't understand is why Ferdinand isn't playing and why woy has not been playing Rooney? Surely you play the best 11 available?

For that matter...where's crouchy and Heskey?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here