Votes: 149 63.1%
  • No

Votes: 87 36.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
Kick off time seems unpopular with many one here (can’t say I’m enthused)….so a postponement gets round that and maybe we will have some of the injured players back (or it could get worse)….but then watching footie on Boxing Day is a bit of a tradition

Springal has an interesting thread at matters from a different angle

http://nortr3nixy.nimpr.uk/showthread.php?392007-Game-Week-20-to-be-postponed

I really hope it is called off, for numerous reasons :

It allows more time for our injured players to become fit again

I can’t go, nor can thousands of other fans, as previously stated about the ridiculous timing of this fixture and travel cock ups.

I don’t want a repeat of the evening we had against Wolves - one of the most disappointing and miserable occasions that I’ve witnessed at the Amex.

Let’s all have a break and enjoy it all again in January - refreshed and raring to go, and hopefully, with a new striker. :albion2:

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I really hope it is called off, for numerous reasons :

It allows more time for our injured players to become fit again

I can’t go, nor can thousands of other fans, as previously stated about the ridiculous timing of this fixture and travel cock ups.

I don’t want a repeat of the evening we had against Wolves - one of the most disappointing and miserable occasions that I’ve witnessed at the Amex.

Let’s all have a break and enjoy it all again in January - refreshed and raring to go, and hopefully, with a new striker. :albion2:

Agree with all of the above.

The timing of this fixture is an abomination and it would make me feel better about the world if this was called off.

I'm also in the, let's shunt our fixtures into the new year and deal with the pile up then. Probably we'll have just as many injured when we play all those games, though hopefully (and the law of averages suggests) they won't all be in the same positions

scooter1

How soon is now?
I’m expecting some sort of circuit breaker mini lock down from the 27th or so, and whilst this is after BD I think most games will get pulled.
How the population respond could be interesting in light of current in investigations into previous Tory parties, and I wonder how many will adhere if restrictions are put in place

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Likewise, there is no circumstance that would convince me to go to this game at this time. To think, I was going to bin off my season ticket this season when the renewals came around but I decided to keep it. So far I’ve made 4 home games this season, TV has ruined football for me, and this season has been a farce after the pain of the season previous. No idea where I go from here.

Do what I did, and vote with your feet. I am now a fully fledged non-league supporter of Shoreham and love being able to walk along on Saturdays. I still watch the Albion sometimes on TV but after I moaned for years about the way top flight football was heading (especially with VAR) I finally last year decided that I would act on my words and gave up my ST. Don't regret it for a second.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Just said on radio 5 that Brentford have 13 players out with COVID. If that's true then there's no way the match will happen.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
8pm on Boxing Day…nothing traditional about that!

It’s a no from me too. Televised football has killed the game for “legacy fans” like me. So up yours Sky and co, and make sure you firmly lodge it, give it a real shove etc.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Do what I did, and vote with your feet. I am now a fully fledged non-league supporter of Shoreham and love being able to walk along on Saturdays. I still watch the Albion sometimes on TV but after I moaned for years about the way top flight football was heading (especially with VAR) I finally last year decided that I would act on my words and gave up my ST. Don't regret it for a second.

I wandered over the fields to watch Fittleworth vs Henfield on Saturday.

No prettendance. There were 11 of us there. I counted.

I actually really enjoyed it. Missed the first 20 minutes and left 10 minutes before the end (bad fan).

Had a lovely coffee and sausage roll in the park store. No queues.

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast

That’s really sad. You watch YOUR local professional team for years hoping for success and then when it comes along you don’t like the set up - which in essence has been in place for nearly thirty years. I know many of us, for whatever reason, fall out of love with the club we support. I did in the early 1990s, I saw two games at the Goldstone in quick succession which were absolutely dire. I couldn’t face going again - in fact I couldn’t because of having to work on Saturdays.

I still followed the Albion of course, from a distance. I did my bit in the war years when I could. It was our return to Brighton, to Withdean, that rekindled all things Albion for me. I became a true fan again, got my daughters hooked and watched every game I could - and have never looked back.

I hope that Damascus moment falls on you too.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Not sure Amazon will allow it to be, if the poll were "should it be" then I'm in the yes camp

Sky have the Boxing Day game. Amazon are showing the midweek block of games which includes our game at Chelsea (should they go ahead).

As MASSIVE as they are, I'm not sure either Sky or Amazon have the power to force football to continue if the whole country is being advised/told/ordered to lock down (which seems a very likely scenario between now and then!). Not to mention the growing number of players actually testing positive for the bloody virus!

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
As mentioned before, we, nor Brentford, are big clubs with clout and so this game will go ahead. The Chelsea game wont.
With tickets and coach travel arranged my plans are-
Brentford. After a half empty ground V Wolves I feel quite safe in the back row of East Upper. Mask on all the time so I'm in.
Chelsea. Not so sure. 2 hours in a coach (ST are very strict with masks) but then 3 hours in a ground with very close contact to others. I'm out.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Latest report from imperial is really worrying there is no way this fixture will be on.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Sorry, but you lost me with Imperial. They are government stooges.

Sounds like you like a conspiracy theory. The government may present the science to the public in a way that benefits them, but a report that says those that are double jabbed only have 20% protection from omicron and there is no evidence of less severe infection is quite worrying.

But feel free to go clubbing and hug your granny on Christmas Day.

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
I wandered over the fields to watch Fittleworth vs Henfield on Saturday.

No prettendance. There were 11 of us there. I counted.

I actually really enjoyed it. Missed the first 20 minutes and left 10 minutes before the end (bad fan).

Had a lovely coffee and sausage roll in the park store. No queues.

Any 20 goal strikers on view?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Sounds like you like a conspiracy theory. The government may present the science to the public in a way that benefits them, but a report that says those that are double jabbed only have 20% protection from omicron and there is no evidence of less severe infection is quite worrying.

But feel free to go clubbing and hug your granny on Christmas Day.

:facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here