Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do YOU talk about work when you get home?

Lush

Mods' Pet
It's definitely NOT a woman thing.

It's to do with how people hold conversations. I tend to be a summariser of things like days at work, conversations I've had with other people, trips, holidays etc. Some people recount events as though they're actually happening in front of them - "I said....", "Then he said...," "Then I did...." etc

I always feel like I'm boring people when I do that.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Women just want to talk, if they have been to the shops, they tell you all about it, If they have been on a bus you get to know the deets, therefore, inevitably, if they have been at work they want to tell you all about it - even though it is crushingly dull to blokes listening about trivial problems experienced by people you don't know...thats why they watch so much soap and celebrity jungle/dancing/horseriding b*llocks on the TV.

Solutions to this include.

Go to Pub on way home. Beer will make you more mellow and happy to listen to her twaddle.

Get a second Sky box and sit glued to all the Hitler related documentaries in another room.

Become Gay.

Divorce.

:down:

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Bevendean Hillbilly said:
Women just want to talk, if they have been to the shops, they tell you all about it, If they have been on a bus you get to know the deets, therefore, inevitably, if they have been at work they want to tell you all about it - even though it is crushingly dull to blokes listening about trivial problems experienced by people you don't know...thats why they watch so much soap and celebrity jungle/dancing/horseriding b*llocks on the TV.

Solutions to this include.

Go to Pub on way home. Beer will make you more mellow and happy to listen to her twaddle.

Get a second Sky box and sit glued to all the Hitler related documentaries in another room.

Become Gay.

Divorce.

:down:

He's not wrong!

Professor P

Oct 6, 2006
Not really sure what the wife blathers blathers on about in the evenings. Since we married I've make a point of wearing headphones from the minute I enter the house til I leave the following morning.

We hardly ever row any more.

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
defintely a female thing. me and all my male friends agree and actually all their partners agree although they fluffy it up with crap like 'we like to let you know what we've been doing all day'.

:shootself :shootself

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
No, not at all, mind you I would be a little concerned if I did as I currently live on my own. Perhaps I should get a pet, was thinking of getting a cat, then I could bore it with tales of derring doo from work.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I never talk about work, my wife knows I go to Uni each day, but has no idea what I teach or anything to do with the days leering.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We talk quite a lot at present about my job as I find it irritating to say the least.

Every day she says "have a good day at the office" - I reply "I won't", very much Reggie Perrin :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here