Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do You Support English Teams In Europe?

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
i've got no time for having a "2nd" team,there's only one ALBION
but,i'm surprised how many fans of say mancs or cockney teams don't cheer on fellow english teams

obviously palace being in europe would test this theory to the very limits,but that ain't never gonna happen,i can cheer on chelsea,arsenal,liverpool,mancs in europe with no probs,but come saturday (sunday,monday) i hope they all lose

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
never support a club in Europe just because they're English - mostly for no good reason but in the case of United it's a reaction to the days of
Ron Atkinson commentating on their matches back in the day...'Manchester's little princes' indeed.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I wish all clubs playing in European competitions every success as long as Manure are not involved!

I simply cannot wish them anything but defeat, no matter who they play!

Is that irrational? If so, oh well.

Sent from my iPhone using P+ R

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I never want any of the "big four" to win because of the plastics but enjoyed Fulham's run the other year and Middlesbrough's a few years ago.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I would support the English clubs - if there were any. When people say 'English' what they mean is the multi-national organisations that are based in England; the days are long-gone when a match between say Liverpool and Bayern Munich was basically a contest between Britain and Germany.

As a general rule I support the underdogs first and foremost regardless of nation. Then I support the clubs like Bayer Leverkusen who are similar in size to us. Then when they're all knocked out I lose interest. I'm not anti-premier league clubs or anything, I genuinely don't care. For example at this precise moment I know that Man U are playing Benfica and Man City are playing Napoli. I'm a Sky Sports subscriber but I'm not watching either game as the matches and the results are of no interest to me.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
It depends on which team.

This, more likely to want teams in the Europa League to win, be that Fulham, Brum or Stoke, etc...the games are generally more entertaining than the Champions League anyway.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Not Chelsea and not Man City, probably not Spurs, but go on the rest of them, let's have some glory

Just to clarify, no to Russian mafia money and no to money from regimes that sponsor intolerance and hatred. A least the USA is supposed to be the land of the free.

Oh, and I just don't like Spurs, no offence to the Spurs supporters on here.

Last edited:

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
I would support the English clubs - if there were any. When people say 'English' what they mean is the multi-national organisations that are based in England; the days are long-gone when a match between say Liverpool and Bayern Munich was basically a contest between Britain and Germany.

As a general rule I support the underdogs first and foremost regardless of nation. Then I support the clubs like Bayer Leverkusen who are similar in size to us. Then when they're all knocked out I lose interest. I'm not anti-premier league clubs or anything, I genuinely don't care. For example at this precise moment I know that Man U are playing Benfica and Man City are playing Napoli. I'm a Sky Sports subscriber but I'm not watching either game as the matches and the results are of no interest to me.

what are you watching?

i don't subscribe (not until brighton are on regular) i'm watching midsomer murders

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I generally urge for Man U and Chelsea to be removed from the competition. Vidic stating a day or two ago that he believes they can beat Barca in their next meeting makes me wish for them to be demolished in a soon-to-be round. Arsenal i have a soft spot for, so i want them to do well, whilst always knowing they haven't got the squad or nerve to do a great deal. Liverpool i don't mind either.
If Napoli hang on, i don't think i'll feel despair for the second grotesque giants of Manchester.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I generally urge for Man U and Chelsea to be removed from the competition. Vidic stating a day or two ago that he believes they can beat Barca in their next meeting makes me wish for them to be demolished in a soon-to-be round. Arsenal i have a soft spot for, so i want them to do well, whilst always knowing they haven't got the squad or nerve to do a great deal. Liverpool i don't mind either.
If Napoli hang on, i don't think i'll feel despair for the second grotesque giants of Manchester.

Surely Real Madrid are the Spanish team to chase this season?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I wish all clubs playing in European competitions every success as long as Manure are not involved!

I simply cannot wish them anything but defeat, no matter who they play!

Is that irrational? If so, oh well.

Sent from my iPhone using P+ R

Yea this is about it, plus i love asking Arsenal fans how many times theyve been european Champions, none, dont want that to change given how they like to brag how theyve never been relegated.

D

Deleted member 18477

Support arsenal in Europe. Cannot stand chels, man city or man utd so I don't support them.

I support Liverpool when in Europe. And teams like fulham in Europa league.

It depends what team as already said.

Napoli are by far my favourite Italian team right now haha gutted city! Cavani is class. Can see man city and Chelsea trying to sign him soon. Would rather arsenal did though. Van Persie and Cavani would be unstoppable!

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Surely Real Madrid are the Spanish team to chase this season?

Two mighty forces to deal with indeed. Hopefully the sublime will conquer the muscularly dreary in the longrun.
Man u V Real would be a good game this year certainly. Managers tactically looking to outwit each other so boldly and openly would make for an epic game of chess. I'd imagine a goalless impasse, but one fascinating to view.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Didnt even know there were games on today so thats a NO from me. But Im glad for them if they do well generally.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here