Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you still boycott the Goldstone retail park?

Do you still boycott the Goldstone retail park?

• Yes, of course

Votes: 78 62.4%
  • Nope

Votes: 33 26.4%
  • I'd like to say I do, but I've had a few sneaky visits

Votes: 14 11.2%

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No. I don't shop there.

Supporter first.
Consumer of mass manufactured goods a long way second.

Good point. If there was something half interesting to buy I might be tempted but it is just crap high street stores.

Mick Beard BHA

Hirsute
Feb 23, 2004
Back in Brighton
Absolutely no feckin way will i ever shop there.

Its not a case of 'moving on'; i'd just feel like giving any of those shops my custom would in some way justify their being built in the first place. The shops didnt create the backgroud to which they were built of course, but the fact remains that they continue to profit from the demolition of the Goldstone, and i want absolutely no part of that.

D

Deleted member 2719

Won't shop there and i won't buy from any of their chains.

Bitter probably - but it makes me feel good to spend my money with one of there competitors.

:D

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
Me, my bro and the old man made a conscious decision to go and have a Burger King at the Goldstone before we went to the Falmer presentation the other week. Kind of a ritual 'out with the old, in with the new type' scenario.

Wouldn't have ever gone there without Falmer being approved mind :falmer:

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
no when i was living in brighton never did,dont have much need to now im back in cornwall

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
well it is easy for me living in London, but i wont ever go there. Theres nothing provided that i couldnt get elsewhere, so why back track on the boycott?

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Without wishing to offend those on here, some who are mates, who bang on about moving on etc, they can do if they want to but the struggle involved so much more than just losing our ground it almost cost me my marriage, so much so that I will never go back there.

We could be at Falmer in the Premiership and even the Champions League but I can't go back, too much water under the bridge.

World of Sport

Mar 9, 2007
WSU
not bloody likely.
how can i drive my car over the same spot where Kit Napier scored directly from a corner kick!

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Absolutely not. I can't even bring myself to look at it if I go past it in the car (which I try to avoid). I'm not even sure what's there.

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
I went there loads as child, Toys R Us was brilliant, my dad use to never come in and just wait in car around the corner. Think hes over it now, but wouldnt go there if he had the choice.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I've been there once since. To use a cash point, as soon as I stepped into the car park it just didn't feel right. I ended up walking into Hove to find another cashpoint instead.

I went there loads as child, Toys R Us was brilliant, my dad use to never come in and just wait in car around the corner. Think hes over it now, but wouldnt go there if he had the choice.

My dad was the same, but dont think he'd ever go there, and I have no plans to again for a long while, or ever again.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Not set foot on there since and don't plan to until after game 1 at Falmer.

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
I, er, worked in the Comet there over Christmas '03. But it's OK, because I met my girlfriend there who ended up f***ing me over, so I think that was karma doing it's thing.

I still won't drive past the place.

I even feel slightly irritated when I have to read threads on NSC that reveal the names of the shops that trade on the site. As far as I am concerned the place no longer exists.

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
Yes I shop there .

I have moved on

It's not about moving on. It's about choice, and the principle.

The tat available there can be purchased in many other places so why go there?

To me, it is a sacred place holding many great, happy memories.

Personally, I have moved on but will never forget, or forgive, those responsible so will therefore choose to shop elsewhere.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here