Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you like the Royal family?

Do you like the Royal family?

• Yes. They do so much for this country.

Votes: 79 72.5%
  • No, I am a lettuce eating lefty.

Votes: 30 27.5%

• Total voters

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Buckingham Palace - 402000 million visits (in 2009)

Versailles - 3 millions visits ( 6 million if you include the gardens )

im glad you took the time to find that becuase i was thinking of the same comparison. though i didnt expect it to be widely different. i reckon there are stately homes that beat 400k vistors, with no Royal and not in convenient central London.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Cromwell, who passed the Protectorship to his son Richard?

He had been elected to the 1st and 2nd protectorate parliaments. That was more than Charles 11 ever did. He invited the French in after the restoration and then fathered at least 12 bastard children.
Get rid of them all.

And this argument that people come to this country to see the Queen is laughable. They visit Buck House and Windsor Castle but would still do that whether the Royal family existed or not.

Look at Prince Andrew .... I mean what a freeloading waste of space that man is. He was supposed to take a back seat concerning public life But still milks our society for everything he can get his grubby hands on. Ryder cup year this year isn,t it ? Bet we see his ugly mug and his ten strong security team wandering around the course come September.
I cannot forgive him for bringing that horrible bint Ferguson into public life either.

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
im glad you took the time to find that becuase i was thinking of the same comparison. though i didnt expect it to be widely different. i reckon there are stately homes that beat 400k vistors, with no Royal and not in convenient central London.

Quite...

The question of having an unelected Head of State / House of Lords is worthy of debate. I'm open to arguments that support the status quo.

But please...

1) Don't use the President Blair/Thatcher etc.. whoever argument. Attempting to personalise the debate in argument against, when you are supporting a FAMILY is pathetic.

2) The Tourism argument. Complete and utter bollocks, supported by no evidence other than tourists visit "Royal Places" quite a lot. They do in many countries in the world WITHOUT a monarchy in far more numbers than they do here.

wunt be druv

Drat! and double drat!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
No I don't,I find it grossly over-rated and a waste of TV licence payers money.A soft Southern lad like me just doesn't get all that gritty Northern humour.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here