Votes: 14 16.9%
  • We arnt bad..Ive seen better

Votes: 31 37.3%

• Total voters

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Collectively, we're just tired and fed up of being in a crap stadium playing to a standard well below what we'd like. We just want to be like most other provincial one-club cities, averaging gates anywhere between 15,000 and 22,000, mostly in the Championship.

Instead, we're pidgeon-holed with tin-pot clubs like Gillingham, Bournemouth & Orient. After 15 years of this shite, I think we're sick of it, and after an 8 year wait for a stadium the cracks are beginning to show.

As for fans on NSC, it hasn't changed much (it's a reasonable read and a laugh most of the time) except that in my opinion, the current crop of young posters are amongst the DULLEST young posters we've had in the 9 years I've been on here. Or maybe I'm just turning into an old man. :glare:

I just don't enjoy going to Withdean, simple as that, and neither do most of the people I have travelled to home games with over the years. Back in the Goldstone days - towards the end - there used to be anything between 5 and 10 of us going together from Tun Wells. Now? 1 or 2.

Of course WHEN we get Falmer we will have a good contingent again - does that make the ones who stay away bad fans? No, I don't think so, they still support the Albion, they just hate Withdean.

Still, I'm looking forward to tonite............

Just read Simster's post and have to say I wholeheartedly agree with him!

Last edited:

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
You may as well ask do you like people? Albion fans are a cross section of society.

In general I like albion fans, in particular there are some I really like. There are others that maybe I dont like or are ambivalent to but can still get along with and there are a final small minority that I wouldn't urinate on if they were on fire.

I do find that NSC moves some people who would be the in the general category or get along category, into the small minority. There are also some people I've met and dealt with on here who fall into the general or particular category.

The one element that really get me raging are those who snipe and criticise at the efforts put in by people trying to secure a future, they are the people who carp on about it and who try and draw people in splits and arguments. An example would be the seagulls party, there may be many who dont agree with it but haven't said anything. There are a small minority who have taken opportunities to snipe and criticise it and when somebody gives an response, you get the usual comments like 'not allowed to criticise now are we?' or ' you calling me a bad fan?'

Yes you are allowed to criticise; there is no such thing as a bad fan; but please respect that these people you are sniping at have an opinion too.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
moan far too much for my liking, don't give players time and are on them pretty much from the first ball they kick for the club (Savage is the present example) have our favourites and any one who tries to break into there position by dammed (Henderson) generally don't support our players which is not how I remember the Albion back when i was young

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
Simster said:
Collectively, we're just tired and fed up of being in a crap stadium playing to a standard well below what we'd like. We just want to be like most other provincial one-club cities, averaging gates anywhere between 15,000 and 22,000, mostly in the Championship.

Instead, we're pidgeon-holed with tin-pot clubs like Gillingham, Bournemouth & Orient. After 15 years of this shite, I think we're sick of it, and after an 8 year wait for a stadium the cracks are beginning to show.

As for fans on NSC, it hasn't changed much (it's a reasonable read and a laugh most of the time) except that in my opinion, the current crop of young posters are amongst the DULLEST young posters we've had in the 9 years I've been on here. Or maybe I'm just turning into an old man.

spot on. i'd like to think that falmer really will be the answer to our prayers.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
ROSM makes an interesting point about the Seagulls Party.

I am not sure anyone has critisised them and I think it would be churlish...my only comment is I think that to the common or garden Albion fan it is a bit of an irrelevance ( not meant in a nasty way at all) , its just that it is a party set up to challenge a specific party in power in a specific district, ie Lewes D C boundaries.

For people living outside that area, we have no real input into the voting process and apart from getting revenge on LDC for holding up the PE process, it is a single issue party.

We all as albion fans wish the prospective candidates well and hope they do give the Liberals a bloody nose, but if the liberals are defeated in some wards in the election, Kelly allready, by may will have had the objections from LDC in her hand for 3-4 months, therefore I am not sure what it will achieve.

Perhaps someone from the Seagulls Party can comment.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Dave the Gaffer said:
ROSM makes an interesting point about the Seagulls Party.

I am not sure anyone has critisised them and I think it would be churlish...my only comment is I think that to the common or garden Albion fan it is a bit of an irrelevance ( not meant in a nasty way at all) , its just that it is a party set up to challenge a specific party in power in a specific district, ie Lewes D C boundaries.

For people living outside that area, we have no real input into the voting process and apart from getting revenge on LDC for holding up the PE process, it is a single issue party.

We all as albion fans wish the prospective candidates well and hope they do give the Liberals a bloody nose, but if the liberals are defeated in some wards in the election, Kelly allready, by may will have had the objections from LDC in her hand for 3-4 months, therefore I am not sure what it will achieve.

Perhaps someone from the Seagulls Party can comment.

apologies that this is taking the thread off track and this is my opinion not an official seagulls party one.

It is not about revenge and is certainly not a single issue. It is a method to utilise the political process to challenge, inform and support the views of residents within the LDC area who have had their democratic ability to comment on this process removed from them. No referendum, no open debates, no vox pop and ignorance of a petition from residents that in one week gained more signatories than the oppose the incinderator that LDC hold so much store by.

As for single issue, this matter covers a number of issues: education, transport, economic regeneration, social inclusion, leisure, health (I could go on). When we get a yes decision, the residents in LD would be beneficiaries of the activities and so in order to maximise them (both for the club as well as the residents) a joined up approach will be required. can you see the Lewes Lib Dems joining up? This is the council that ignored the education through football initiative by the club within their boundary and refused to provide a comment to the press.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
SJ's Love Monkey said:
The Brighton fans i know are great people and that is all i can go on, and considering the utter shit your club has had to endure this past decade i think Brighton fans on the whole are a fair, decent bunch who deserve beter times ahead.

:clap:

:wave: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Last edited:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
On the whole I think we are a pretty decent bunch, most of the fans I have met have been in any case, whether they post on here or not.

The question about whether you would support an AFC Brighton is a difficult one, in my case it would have to be probably not, it would not be the club I had supported as man and boy. It might be different if I still lived in Sussex, but I left there over 20 years ago, the Albion is probably the only thing that links me to the county now that all my family have left too.

I would probably switch allegiance to the club that I now follow where I am living and watch almost as much as the Albion (Forest Green). I am finding this season really trying as what I have been served up by our team isn't as entertaining as the games I have seen at Conference level. Don't worry though, I am not losing faith just yet, no matter how difficult that may be.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
SJ's Love Monkey said:
The Brighton fans i know are great people and that is all i can go on, and considering the utter shit your club has had to endure this past decade i think Brighton fans on the whole are a fair, decent bunch who deserve beter times ahead.

:clap:

You know, for a scummer, you're not bad. ;) :lolol: :lolol:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Too many whingers, why can't they just back the team?

Based on the evidence of the last 72 hours on this website, I'd say mainly a bunch of fickle, clueless FUCKWITS.

Saturday evening the board was full of 'Dick Tight out' blah blah, yak yak, bemoaning the lack of investment in the team and general mis-management of the club.

Barely three days later, Albion are three up thanks to a combination of youth teamers and transfer window signings and the same bunch of non-match-attending keyboard bashers are celebrating the new dawn.

Says it all, really.

Last edited:

E

enigma

Safeway said:
Based on the evidence of the last 72 hours on this website, I'd say mainly a bunch of fickle, clueless FUCKWITS.

Saturday evening the board was full of 'Dick Tight out' blah blah, yak yak, bemoaning the lack of investment in the team and general mis-management of the club.

Barely three days later, Albion are three up thanks to a combination of youth teamers and transfer window signings and people are celebrating the new dawn.

Says it all, really.

Have to agree with that. Reading some of the shite on here makes me not want to go to games, hence why I didnt go tonight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here