Votes: 14 16.9%
  • We arnt bad..Ive seen better

Votes: 31 37.3%

• Total voters

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Just a quick little poll.

Have we changed....too much success to quickly or are we still the same blue and white heroes?

Fans United or Departed?

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Just to keep this poll high up...who do you think are the best if not us?

I reckon Sunderland!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I kind of think we are like two brothers that argue a lot. Trying to punch each others heads in most of the time but if someone starts on one of the brothers from outside the family they will always stick together.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
are you talking about albion fans on here? or albion fans who go to away games and withdean?

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Dave the Gaffer said:
are you talking about albion fans on here? or albion fans who go to away games and withdean?

An albion Fan whatever He does is a supporter of the club..home,away or in an arm chair

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Most fans I have met in the flesh are a very good bunch in general.

Its their internet personas that can get on some peoples nerves...

At the end of the day we all love the football club even if in some cases we love/dont love who runs it.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
ok...is the club a welcoming club?

I think so.

If its your first time do you feel welcomed?

My mate went to a match at Withdean, first one , he normally goes to Charlton and was getting fed up with the travelling, anyway, he sat in the C block and found those around him too critical and moany...next game he sat in the family stand with his boy and his boy didnt enjoy it so they dont go anymore. So in his case No

Are albion fans passionate about their club?

Yes on the whole. Although there are many who want to watch a game of football and dont give a stuff about anything else

Are fans victimised?

There is certainly the feeling around that if you do not support all the initiatives you are a bad fan and someone the club could do without. See my point above.

Do you enjoy your experience at Withdean?

That is the difficult one and is very much to the individual.

I will be honest here.....if this all went tits up and Brighton and Hove Albion went to the wall, after all the efforts of the supporters, then I am not sure I would support an AFC Brighton. I dont think I can take all the political stuff again.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Zesh Rehman said:
we were better a few years ago, when we were in div 3 and use to take 2000-3000 to every away game.

I agree - why was that? Was it becuse we thought falmer was around the corner, was it relief after the Archer and Hereford episodes or was it just cheaper and I was younger

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
Stinky Kat said:
I agree - why was that? Was it becuse we thought falmer was around the corner, was it relief after the Archer and Hereford episodes or was it just cheaper and I was younger

well the club was united, and soon after success came, now we are sliding back down the table and we still havent got falmer so people are losing interest.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
I think its a case of everyone is so tired and overall frustrated with everything people have taken the stance of not putting up with it anymore....Its not one big party anymore..its expensive and not value for money...and some like to air their dissapointment whereas others will back the club until the end...all different at the end of the day!

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
The Brighton fans i know are great people and that is all i can go on, and considering the utter shit your club has had to endure this past decade i think Brighton fans on the whole are a fair, decent bunch who deserve beter times ahead.

:clap:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
SJ's Love Monkey said:
The Brighton fans i know are great people and that is all i can go on, and considering the utter shit your club has had to endure this past decade i think Brighton fans on the whole are a fair, decent bunch who deserve beter times ahead.

:clap:

:love:

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Zesh Rehman said:
well the club was united, and soon after success came, now we are sliding back down the table and we still havent got falmer so people are losing interest.

My interest is waning due to cost and agressive moanining at matches. We all know that some of our players are not quite up to it but I get so bored of people slagging them at matches, it just puts me off going . I am not an uberfan, I just like getting pissed with me mates and having a laugh and watching a game but all the negativity just bores me an its not good for the blood pressure

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
We aren't bad, I have seen better.

Certainly the spirit has gone. I have just completed 'Build a Bonfire' for the umpteenth time and there was a huge amount of passion. There is obviously a feeling of being rather deflated. We marched up the leagues way before our time. It would have been perfect if our first season back in the second tier had coincided with the opening season at Falmer.

Cost is definitely an issue. It is not that I can't afford to attend the games, but I feel I could spend £24 on something far more interesting. So many have been priced out of the game and that clearly shows.

We will just have to rough it out and look forward to better times. The decision for Falmer is just around the corner!

Without sounding like some psychic guru, the negative energy that we have can be used to make some sort of atmosphere at the games. This steward baiting is getting beyond a joke. There are rules about sitting and unfortunately, we don't have terraces anymore. They are not stopping you from having fun. Stand up when we attack and make some noise, as opposed to spending the whole game moaning about 'nazi' stewards.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Stinky Kat said:
My interest is waning due to cost and agressive moanining at matches. We all know that some of our players are not quite up to it but I get so bored of people slagging them at matches, it just puts me off going . I am not an uberfan, I just like getting pissed with me mates and having a laugh and watching a game but all the negativity just bores me an its not good for the blood pressure
I can see your point but a lot of the moaning stems from all the frustration.

I reserve my hatred for Lewes DC who are cynical scum and owed us after their pal, Bellotti's, part in asset stripping the club. But like many others I'm sick of all the politicking and just want to enjoy watching my home-town club play football.

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
Stinky Kat said:

yeh agreed, the togetherness is no longer there, and never is Bobby Zamora which doesnt help :down:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here