• I have a mate who is Palace

Votes: 39 44.8%
  • I would disown anyone close to me I found to be Palace

Votes: 16 18.4%

• Total voters

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Are you friends with/related to/work with any Palace fans?

My elder brother is a life long Eagle and used to go home and away when he was younger.

He never misses a chance to remind me about the 5v0 game.

How many of you think you will be contacted by a Palace fan at some point today?

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
i know a few palace fans at work! its all good though as i have £50 with each one that palace wont stay up :) :lolol:

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I sit directly opposite a Palace fan at work. He tends to keep fairly quiet about so thats ok.
I also have a good mate thats a palace fan and is also barman up my local. I remember back on that fatefull day two years ago the fact that he text me throughout the match to take the piss.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Some of my best friends are Palace.

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
my dad is a palarse fan having grown up in coulsdon he only managed to brainwash my younger brother and sister.

my mum sits on the fence as she was born in brighton and comes from here so she pretty much keeps out of it.

i however was never tempted by the scummers:clap2:

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
My FORMER boss came from Wimbledon, but was a life-long Palace supporter .... nuff said!

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
My Dad is a Brighton fan as am I.

My brother and his best mate are Palace though so when I was younger my Dad used to take us to Palace one week, Brighton the next.

I have therefore probably been to over 50/60 Palace games.

I argue with my brother about football but he is 6ft 7.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
My Dad is Palace.

Edit: Caz, whereabout in Coulsdon does your dad come from? My grandparents used to live in Byron Avenue.

Last edited:

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
I work with a lovely lady who is a Palace fan. We have good natured banter and she is one of the funniest people I know. I also know a friend of a friend who is a die-hard Palace supporter who is one of the hardest people I know, truly terrifyng when riled but a gem when not. We avoid talking about football too much.

By coincidence I received an e-mail this week from a former work colleague I haven't seen since he moved to Manchester about twelve years ago.

Like me, he was a public transport planner. Because he was a Palace supporter, he managed to contrive that every National Express coach passing through South London had a timetabled stop close to Selhurst Park, just so he could use his right to a concessionary fare to get to matches cheap. As far as I know, he was the only passenger ever to use this facility. But no matter, sixty buses a day served the stop, seven days a week, all year round.

Since he moved away, National Express have reverted to running their coaches non-stop through Croydon.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Bad : My brother-in-law is a Palace fan.
Worse : He married my sister on 29th March 86 - We played each other that day
Worst : Palace won 1-0

We did have a bit of a laugh though. Thoughout the build up to the wedding my brother and I were winding him up that when the vicar asked if anyone knew of any reason they shouldn't get married, we were going to shout "yeah, he's Palace" When it got to that bit in the ceremony you could see the poor boy quaking in his shoes.
:lolol:

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
I have Palace all around me.

Father -in-law (RiP) Palace thru n thru

Wife was - has now seen the light

Neighbours

Drinking partners

Fat Bloke who lives down the road. (See separate thread)

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have some Palace mates, going back to school days.

I don't see them that often but there is good natured banter when we do meet.

I knew some of them before the rivalry between the 2 clubs started!

I don't know any Pompey fans though!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here