Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you have to drink and/or eat at half time?

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
I don't go to the concourse but perhaps those that do would then come back sooner and not inconvenience many others. Very simple really and would be a service to many.

what if you need a big dump then need a pie to top up reserves? wouldnt go on the concourse then would you?

Southstandfaithful

Oct 22, 2010
H Heath
Saved my first pie tasting session until after the match.....well i had time to spare as i'm in Bennett's field....... must admit they are a lot nicer than i expected!.... half time is for a stretch of the legs and quick wee then back to the action!

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
I wonder how many missed our 2nd goal yesterday because they either weren't back in their seats or were getting up to let people through to their seats.

What a moaning twat you are! Everyone has paid their money if they want a pint at half time they are entitled to do this, most can work out when the teams are on the pitch without the need for a bell! Happens in all decent stadiums up and down the country.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
As much as its fun to criticise BG, I think somewhere I've been over the last couple of seasons (possibly Dagenham) did sound the players bell in the bar. Wouldn't do any harm...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
As much as its fun to criticise BG, I think somewhere I've been over the last couple of seasons (possibly Dagenham) did sound the players bell in the bar. Wouldn't do any harm...

There's actually a full screen message (pic of Gus in suit with arms crossed) flashed up on the screens in the concourse that says 'Please Retake Your Seat And Get Behind The Team'. If you need anymore of a hint than that then I'd respectfully suggest that you are more than a bit of a retard. No offence.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
There's actually a full screen message (pic of Gus in suit with arms crossed) flashed up on the screens in the concourse that says 'Please Retake Your Seat And Get Behind The Team'. If you need anymore of a hint than that then I'd respectfully suggest that you are more than a bit of a retard. No offence.
Thank you, you have answered my question a message is sent that the players are coming out. As I said I did not know as I never leave my seat once I get there lother than having to stand very occassionally.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade

That's clearly touched a nerve. If you read what I wrote I don't think it's remotely necessary, just saying its not the most ridiculous idea as I have seen it done elsewhere.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
That's clearly touched a nerve. If you read what I wrote I don't think it's remotely necessary, just saying its not the most ridiculous idea as I have seen it done elsewhere.

OK, maybe I was a wee bit OTT, but I'm just genuinely incredulous that anybody who's been to football more than once in their lifetime doesn't know how long half-time lasts. I don't find that an unreasonable stance. If it is, I apologise. :shrug:

robinsonsgrin

Mar 16, 2009
LA...wishing it was devon..
to be fair to the east standers.. most of us were getting out of the roasting sun for a while.....there was no way i couldve done the second half without the water....and a queue is a queue... did feel bit sorry for chap who eventually got to front of queue to be told.. sorry, its gone 4pm and we cant serve you beer!! grin.

D

Deleted User X18H

You can order half time drinks, but I am near the front so it takes a while to get up to the to of the stairs. By the time you are half way through the players are coming back out. Although yesterday they showed a good 5 minutes of the second half on the T.V's

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
At the start of the second half and for five minutes afterwards the ground looked half full.

And it wasnt just 1901 North Stand looked very empty at this time and I could see loads just standing and drinking in the concourse. Made for a muted start to the second half atmosphere wise.

I agree. It's very annoying watching people queing when it's 5 mins into the 2nd half and people just chatting in the North concourse when the 2nd halfs started. Clueless IMO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here