Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you have to drink and/or eat at half time?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
At the start of the second half and for five minutes afterwards the ground looked half full.

And it wasnt just 1901 North Stand looked very empty at this time and I could see loads just standing and drinking in the concourse. Made for a muted start to the second half atmosphere wise.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Joke's on them. Guys next to me missed our 2nd goal.

D

Deleted User X18H

I had at pie at 14:08 geddit 'ate' I did though honest.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Seems to me there's as little chance of being served with food at half-time in the North Stand at the Amex as there was at Withdean in the South Stand. Probably less chance, unless you skip a significant part of the match to fill yer fat face.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
The problem is that the "pie and pint" deal looks tempting, but then of course you have to drink your pint before you can re-take your seat. The only realistic way is to miss the last 5 minutes of the 1st half I'd say. I did that yesterday as my lad wanted to try a pie at half-time, and at 15.39 it took me precisely 2 minutes to get served.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The only realistic way is to miss the last 5 minutes of the 1st half I'd say. I did that yesterday as my lad wanted to try a pie at half-time, and at 15.39 it took me precisely 2 minutes to get served.

Same as it ever was then.

One day catering will be invented such that you can watch all the football and still get something to eat.

Gumbo

Feb 18, 2009
Personaly ive never understood the obsession of "must have food and drink at half time" and missing 10 mins of football which is the reason you are there..almost as bad as sneaking out 5 mins before the end of the match..Pah..

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Personaly ive never understood the obsession of "must have food and drink at half time" and missing 10 mins of football which is the reason you are there..almost as bad as sneaking out 5 mins before the end of the match..Pah..

Quite. Its like rats in a trap. Its all about Beat The Queue. Some people seem to forget what it is they signed up for in the first place. Don't care how good the pies are, if I can't walk up and buy one at half-time, then its the club's loss, not mine. Probably didn't need that pie in the first place. It's an impulse buy, and not a cheap buy at that, and if the club can't satisfy it, then two words to the club... Oh. Well. :shrug:

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 18477

This! Too many fat fuckers around these days who must always be stuffing their faces! I can understand drink more, as you want a 'top up'.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
It's nice having a pint. Not necessary, but nice. It is just about possible in the North Stand to get and drink a Harveys, take a piss, and be in your seat for kick off.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
as Gumbo says, the football is the purpose of being there. as much as i like the pies im not going to queue for one when the games on. have one before, or after (both...? they are tempting :lolol:). i might be tempted by a beer if there wasnt any queue, but i dont like to neck one down for the sake of it and a jimmy is the priority.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Have the club started sounding a bell in the concourse as the players come out for the 2nd half yet, so that fans can go back to their seats in time for the start of the 2nd half.

I suggested this to my brother yesterday that they could extend the bell the ref rings for the players to leave the dressing rooms. His answer was the club wouldn't do that because people can stay drinking longer and spending more money.

Last edited:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

Totally this. Surely these people have had lunch and will have dinner so why do they need to have a pie and pint at 3.45 as well? Would they normally do that at home or work?

Lardarses the lot of them.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Have the club started sounding a bell as the players come out for the 2nd half yet, so that fans can go back to their seats in time for the start of the 2nd half.

Yes because it must come as a total surprise to people when the second half starts 15-20 mins after the first half has ended.:wanker:

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I generally arrive in good time and have a pie and a pint before the rush begins.

Whereas I like to enjoy a pint, I don't feel that there is time to do so at half time (even if one was served very quickly). So how about half pint availability at half time ? (not as good as a pint just a practical suggestion)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I don't go to the concourse but perhaps those that do would then come back sooner and not inconvenience many others. Very simple really and would be a service to many.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here