Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you have any really sad superstitions before matches?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
someone else on here just made me realise how sad I am: if the Albion have won one week, I find myself trying to remember what I was wearing in the hope that the clothing will be lucky again the next match.

I can't change the routine if we're winning, likewise if we lose, I have to go buy my pre match drink from a different venue in the ground. As if my choice of clothing/drink/burger van has some kind of magical impact on the result of a football game.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who has this kind of ridiculous routine...

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
I wear my "Lucky Jumper" to each game and also park in the same space each game at the park and ride. Some bugger nicked my parking space for the Stockport game and look what happened!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Obviously we need to conduct a scientific experiment to work out the exact combination of lucky jumpers, pants, shoes, burgers, beers, Baileys, pubs, parking spaces, morning routines, Withdean toilet cubicles etc for every person in the ground.

That way we surely can't fail....

:jester:

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Every game I've been to this season, I've had an ice cream while walking from pre-match drinking place to the ground. At Middlesbrough, I had to run into a video shop and get one of those little tubs of Haagen-Dazs.

Bit stupid really.

I used to wear my lucky knickers that were blue. But in the end I had to throw them away!

Also, when I go to away games, I try to sit on the left side of the car/coach/train as we always seem to win when I do.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
On the way to home games it is a family tradition to hold our breaths through the Cuilfail (sp?) tunnel in Lewes. On the way to away games, I always hold my breath through the Dartford tunnel (when heading that way).

Oh, and baileys.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
well we need all the luck we can get at the moment, so if you could all ensure the above superstitions are carried out before Bristol City, we're halfway to three points already...

jail bird

Oct 19, 2003
sin bin
i always dyed my hair before away matches to ensure victory. guess i'll have to go grey gracefully now

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
oh yeah, I started at Withdean getting the Park and Ride to the ground, but then we lost a few, so now I walk...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here