• Other? Please state

Votes: 56 57.1%

• Total voters

Jamie_Seagull

Jun 22, 2010
Worthing
Valencia

sammy g

I have spent many hours ( far too many) thinking about second team syndrome. Moving to Bton in 1983 (significant year I know), I had no particular affiliation to a Football team coming from a non-football family. I on the other hand loved Football but had no direction, so ended up as a confused 9 year old supporting a different team every week.

After a while I persuaded my Dad to take me to the Goldstone, so that's how I stuck on the Albion. At the same time my Dad's friend a big Gooner started taking me to Highbury. It is very difficult as a young boy not to have your head turned by a 40,000 + plus crowd against Spurs as opposed to 8,000 against Oldham. So for a few years I had an fling with Arsenal. In my late teens I started to get the whole supporting your local team thing and I know there is no better feeling then travelling with your home town club.

I do understand that for younger people in particular there is more glamour, coverage etc attached to following one of the big four, but what they miss out on is being part of something which you get when following the Albion.

So in short Albion first, foremost always, but on occasion I might take a guilty peek at an Arsenal result!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here