Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Do you get the shits?

AmexRuislip

Retired Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I weigh myself every day (well....that's the Asperger's, the need to catalogue... 😆)

My weight has been dependent on how much I scoff and quaff for the last 3 years. The issue is the frequency and velocity and consistency of the product. Out, rather than in. :drool:

Hope your undercarriage is doing you proud :thumbsup:
Undercarriage fine thanks, no leaves on the line :D
Better to keep yr weight at a normal point, I guess, rather than yoyoing.
At least you know.
They always say to listen to body :)

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I’ve had the two bobs all day. I just need to reconcile if this was down to end of the barrel Harvey’s, post match pizza or post pizza whisky.

My money’s on all three

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
It used to be like scooping dry clay from deep within, I’m now on medication for a different reason, but since then, it’s been like emptying an old radiator.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Not me lately, now I have finally nipped the gluten (wheat/beer) in the bud as well as the lactose (milk products).

Down to one a day, now, as opposed to the 5 before leaving for work, and 3 on the train to London (working toilets permitting :drool: :ohmy:).

Take note. I was blighted for 20 years. It happens to the best of us. Our internals change as we get older. You don't have to put up with this.
Glad it worked well for you. I did a month but it didn't seem to have much affect on me (I did lose half a stone but I put that to most cakes, biscuits have gluten and or dairy so it was easy to avoid them and hence lose weight). I minimise gluten nowadays but I have gone back to it without issue. Dairy is harder, as dairy really can be slow to go through the digestive system for some people (me). Lactose is less usually the issue rather the type of protein, seems for me anyway. Old fashioned jersey cows (as they all were but much less productive than the modern cow so sidelined) or goats. Apparently most of the Chinese are lactose intolerant but they still drink milk fine in their billions. Oats are gluten free in pure form but are commonly contaminated by gluten during the production process which is why you see "GF free oats" advertised as they are produced particularly to avoid gluten contamination. Oddly, excessive oats can really upset my digestion, again it's a protein (avenin) that's the problem. I eat much less carbs now as they definitely make me sleepy and yawny, I have much more energy and no yawnyness by replacing most starchy carbs with a salad starter and extra veg, extra protein and then just minimal starchy carbs. However i find this very difficult as once you have starchy carbs your body screams at you for more (which is natural and why once you start on a pack of biscuits it's hard to stop).

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I’m taking iron tablets and my pooing is brilliant.

I sometimes even do ‘Hollywood’ poos…

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Glad it worked well for you. I did a month but it didn't seem to have much affect on me (I did lose half a stone but I put that to most cakes, biscuits have gluten and or dairy so it was easy to avoid them and hence lose weight). I minimise gluten nowadays but I have gone back to it without issue. Dairy is harder, as dairy really can be slow to go through the digestive system for some people (me). Lactose is less usually the issue rather the type of protein, seems for me anyway. Old fashioned jersey cows (as they all were but much less productive than the modern cow so sidelined) or goats. Apparently most of the Chinese are lactose intolerant but they still drink milk fine in their billions. Oats are gluten free in pure form but are commonly contaminated by gluten during the production process which is why you see "GF free oats" advertised as they are produced particularly to avoid gluten contamination. Oddly, excessive oats can really upset my digestion, again it's a protein (avenin) that's the problem. I eat much less carbs now as they definitely make me sleepy and yawny, I have much more energy and no yawnyness by replacing most starchy carbs with a salad started and extra veg, extra protein and then just minimal starchy carbs. However i find this very difficult as once you have starchy carbs your body screams at you for more (which is natural and why once you start on a pack of biscuits it's hard to stop).
You are still young, mate. I was fine till I hit 45. A Chinese family I know are keen ice cream eaters. But they guzzle the lactase tabs.

Keep your eye on it. That's all I'm saying. ??? :thumbsup:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Glad it worked well for you. I did a month but it didn't seem to have much affect on me (I did lose half a stone but I put that to most cakes, biscuits have gluten and or dairy so it was easy to avoid them and hence lose weight). I minimise gluten nowadays but I have gone back to it without issue. Dairy is harder, as dairy really can be slow to go through the digestive system for some people (me). Lactose is less usually the issue rather the type of protein, seems for me anyway. Old fashioned jersey cows (as they all were but much less productive than the modern cow so sidelined) or goats. Apparently most of the Chinese are lactose intolerant but they still drink milk fine in their billions. Oats are gluten free in pure form but are commonly contaminated by gluten during the production process which is why you see "GF free oats" advertised as they are produced particularly to avoid gluten contamination. Oddly, excessive oats can really upset my digestion, again it's a protein (avenin) that's the problem. I eat much less carbs now as they definitely make me sleepy and yawny, I have much more energy and no yawnyness by replacing most starchy carbs with a salad starter and extra veg, extra protein and then just minimal starchy carbs. However i find this very difficult as once you have starchy carbs your body screams at you for more (which is natural and why once you start on a pack of biscuits it's hard to stop).
Seven instances of the word “I” there.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I’m taking iron tablets and my pooing is brilliant

It used to be like scooping dry clay from deep within, I’m now on medication for a different reason, but since then, it’s been like emptying an old radiator.
When you have to reach for a spanner to relieve the air lock, and a bowl to catch the bowel residue, this is nature's way of saying, do something.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I’m taking iron tablets and my pooing is brilliant.

I sometimes even do ‘Hollywood’ poos…
Ghost shit with a Hollywood ending? ???

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Seven instances of the word “I” there.
That's a bit unreasonable. @herecomesaregular is a fine gentleman of my acquaintance. ???

Apologies if I have missed something here but that sounded a bit rude. I don't always follow the narrative....

herecomesaregular

Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
That's a bit unreasonable. @herecomesaregular is a fine gentleman of my acquaintance. ???

Apologies if I have missed something here but that sounded a bit rude. I don't always follow the narrative....
I'm not bothered by him Mike, he's always a snide. Takes all sorts. You and I/me (whatevs it is) had briefly conversed about GF and dairy free on a thread before. edit - he's probably constipated.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm not bothered by him Mike, he's always a snide. Takes all sorts. You and I/me (whatevs it is) had briefly conversed about GF and dairy free on a thread before.
Indeed. Not sure what's going on here. I'm frankly lost for words.

Hope life and all that, events, situations, are treating you better :thumbsup:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
And the sugar rush.

herecomesaregular

Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Indeed. Not sure what's going on here. I'm frankly lost for words.

Hope life and all that, events, situations, are treating you better :thumbsup:
Mustn't grumble thanks. Not afforded a game since the magnificent 4-0 vs United you kindly sorted me and was happy to take a break from the Amex with that, thinking "what a peak!". I find it somewhat amusing that since then I've missed the absolute demolitions of Chelsea and Liverpool and even better football :D but on the positive I've enjoyed watching the games on a dodgy stream with my elderly and frail dad, which has been nice. Anyway sorry, should let the thread get back to sloppy stools now..

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Roughage, fibre and exercise. And cut out refined sugars.

Currently going through chronic gastritis, its a bitch. Had it since September, due to partying too hard throughout summer..after changing my lifestyle and diet, fingers crossed, it feels like it is getting better, but its going to take another couple of months until i can get back on the beers. Burning, back ache and constant worry until tests confirmed it was benign, so the less stress means its not as severe and will help it heal. Feel peoples pain with digestive problems, they suck f***ing bad and can be quite depressing. Am enjoying getting back into shape though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here