Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Do you consider yourself a chav - how many ticks on the list

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
In all seriousness I simply don't believe the people who say they've scored less than 8 or 9.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Very southern centric. You need to include things like "Is your skin orange?", "Are you under 45 and a grandparent?", "Have you queued for over an hour to get into Primark?", "Do you do your weekly shop at Home Bargains?" etc.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I can't believe the word dessert has been used. It's pudding. Nobody in their right mind in Mayfair would use the word dessert.

That said, this is all smacks of demonisation of the working class a bit.

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
3. Have you ever purchased a KFC family bucket? - if I haven't at some point I've definitely wanted to.

6. Have you ever considered Pizza Hut an Italian Restaurant? - what else would it be?

7. Have you ever bought Woolworths Ladybird clothes for kids? - will have had them bought for me.

12. Have you ever bought second-class stamps? - for birthday cards to people who I don't like enough to care if it arrives on time.

14. Do you think Marks & Spencer's food hall is too expensive? - it clearly is.

15. Have you ever taken a Stenaline Ferry anywhere? - tried to, was cancelled due to mechanical difficulties.

17. Have you ever fantasised about owning a Ford Cosworth? - I'm fantasising about it right now.

20. Have you ever relieved a hotel room of its freebie shower gel or shampoo? - obviously

23. Have you ever brought a screw top bottle of wine to a dinner party? I always bring a screw top bottle of wine to a party. I wouldn't call any of them a dinner party though.

25. Have you ever worn the same pair of socks 2 days running? - sounds like the sort of thing I'd do.

27. Have you ever left washing out on the line for more than 24 hours? - sounds like the sort of thing I'd do.

33. Have you ever erected a flashing snowman or fairy lights outside your house at Christmas? - I've left them out on my flat balcony.

35. Have you ever visited a Little Chef or Happy Eater apart from to use the loos in desperation? - probably.

13, lucky for some.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Which given my score in the 'posh' stakes make me a Posh Chav.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I have two family members who work in Marks & sparks food hall I eat like a king £10 Ribeye’s for £2 got a fridge fall, I’m particularly partial to the triple cooked chips and truffled ham. Winter Sunday’s I look forward to a rib roast of beef or a rack of lamb with all the trimmings.

Sussexscots

3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3 3, 3, 3, 3 ,3 ,3 3 coach chuggers
Seems from today I'm as posh as I'm downmarket (carefully chosen word).

I'd argue the toss about screw top wine though. A lot of very good producers use screw tops as they can't source Cork of the necessary quality.

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
I am a common soul and scored 17! However, as a Commie I refer to myself as a Chavista! Never had an issue with people being poor and thinking they look swag, it's the basis of Mod. And I struggle to live up to a chav title as I don't drink and can't stand cars and pets.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Seems from today I'm as posh as I'm downmarket (carefully chosen word).

I'd argue the toss about screw top wine though. A lot of very good producers use screw tops as they can't source Cork of the necessary quality.

I’d imagine that most wine is screwtop these days, and certainly it’s not a ‘chav’ thing.

Some of this list is a bit stupid.

So yes to screwtop wine. And yes to sending Xmas cards with second class stamps a few times.

Hardly makes me Wayne Slob.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MTSeagulls

Sep 18, 2019
I’d imagine that most wine is screwtop these days, and certainly it’s not a ‘chav’ thing.
It's not. White's Club has a screw cap version of it's house white and you wouldn't exactly call any of the members there chavs.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I will obviously wait for the working class tick list.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here