Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you believe the money is really there for a top quality striker?

Is the money there for a quality targetman

• Yes

Votes: 11 12.2%
  • Yes but not enough for the quality of striker MM is chasing

Votes: 28 31.1%
  • No, it may have been there but it's being drained by Falmer

Votes: 13 14.4%
  • No, the pot is empty

Votes: 22 24.4%
  • Yes but the board are shying away from giving it to MM

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • You are going to regret posting this when you see who we get by deadline day

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Can't decide if it's PR spin or not

Votes: 9 10.0%

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
That is all

Another option - depends what we get for Lynch.

Last edited:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Stick your polls up your arse

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
The players he has been linked to recently have all been good players like Parkin.Shipperley.That means another unheard of player again:nono:

Virgo's Haircut

Resident Train Guru
Jul 5, 2003
On a train...
algie said:
The players he has been linked to recently have all been good players like Parkin.Shipperley.That means another unheard of player again:nono:

Exactly, NOBODY, who's half decent wants to play for Magoo.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would hope that they will go fora tried and tested goalscorer at this level rather than somebody like Shipperley on his way down looking for a last contract.

Many years ago we did it with Fred Binney who had proved his worth at the level we were playing.

Last edited:

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
I dont think the money is there and if it is why do we always miss out

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Stinky Kat said:
I dont think the money is there and if it is why do we always miss out

DK said at the fans forum that it was because of Withdean. MM said on the radio he didnt think that players were put off by factors like Withdean so believe who you want as to the reason players do not sign for us.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
BensGrandad said:
DK said at the fans forum that it was because of Withdean. MM said on the radio he didnt think that players were put off by factors like Withdean so believe who you want as to the reason players do not sign for us.

Exactly. We are being led up the garden path that the money is there when it clearly isn't.

Why don't we just get told the truth for once, and then we can all get on with supporting who we have.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I don't think anything will happen at the present time whilst the potential is there for CKR to play again.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
i dont think we can use falmer / withdean as an excuse anymore - i really am starting to believe that we have no money

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
I do not think the money is there but will be happy to be proved wrong.

I also would not be surprised if we are in the serious financial shit and the collection/begging buckets come out again at Christmas.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Worthing BHA

I think there is some money but not enough to definitely ensure we get the quality we need.

I think after the Turienzo fiasco, Dick Knight does not want to spend out what money we have on players who may not work out, he wants definites who have Championship-level experience. There are not a lot of players in this category who are free agents, hence our impasse. What few there are we have pursued vigorously, but the money we have will not definitely bring them here.

Last edited:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Noticed with interest in one of the daily papers that Millwall are trying to buy back Neil Harris from Notts Forest for £50,000. Now there's a player thats knows where the goal is and has played under McGhee before.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
British Bulldog said:
Noticed with interest in one of the daily papers that Millwall are trying to buy back Neil Harris from Notts Forest for £50,000. Now there's a player thats knows where the goal is and has played under McGhee before.

Strangely enough they said on TV last week he hasn't scored for Forest yet.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
It's all borowed money, so it depends how far we dare risk increasing the interest payments.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
BensGrandad said:
Strangely enough they said on TV last week he hasn't scored for Forest yet.

Scored a bucket load at Millwall though, Said in the paper he's they're joint all time record goal scorer.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Yes but people don't want to come here to play at the withdean and don't think McGhee has exactly covered himself in glory with his recent man management which is going to effect players decisions. And we are going after unrealistic targets which dosn't help

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
BensGrandad said:
Thats not what MM said on the radio.

what about the second bit tho?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here