Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you believe in Jesus Christ and the holy spirit?

Do you believe in Jesus Christ?

• Yes I Do definately

Votes: 33 24.6%
  • No way (load of rubbish..fairytale)

Votes: 61 45.5%
  • Not sure I think there is something out there..not sure what

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • Other

Votes: 9 6.7%

• Total voters

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
I personally do..I believe He died to save us from our sins and I believe in heaven and a final resting place for eterinity.

I believe the bible is there for us to read,learn and use in everyday life so we can become a decent race of people.

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
byf said:
I personally do..I believe He died to save us from our sins and I believe in heaven and a final resting place for eterinity.

I believe the bible is there for us to read,learn and use in everyday life so we can become a decent race of people.

What is up with you today? About time you moved back home, were all getting worried about you.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I used to be of an agnostic tendency, but I have erred on the side that God does not exist.

I believe that these stories were created to give some meaning to our existence. When the world was flat and knowledge of our creation and evolution were non-existant.

Last edited:

No. Religeon is too convinient, offering meaning and hope, when the may not be any! Practically all of them are based on value systems many hundreds of years old. The Bible hasn't been updated to take in to account changing times or scientific understanding. It was an educational tool of a bygone period, helping to inflict one belief system of the masses, however well meaning it's writers (writing a considerable time after the death of JC) were.

Anyway, how do we know that it is Jesus that was right and not Allah or Buddah or David Koresh?!

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Barrel of Fun said:
I used to be of an agnostic tendency, but I have erred on the side that God does not exist.

The reson Agnosticism appeals to me is it's lack of human ego. As it presuposes that any God or creative force in the universe is unknowable to the human mind and hence cannot be proved or disproved. Science and Religion for me are both equally arrogant when they deal in certainties and that's why they both turn me off.

pevenseagull once quoted a line from a Flaming Lips song on a similar theme that I thought was beautiful. Forgive me if I get it wrong and paraphrase it but it went along the lines of "if the universe has given us the ability to feel love I'd like to think that means that God is on our side".

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Certainly believe there was a Jesus Christ but struggle with the Holy Spirit bit as well as him being the Son of God.

Last edited:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
That a person existed is one thing. That he was the son of a creator is a great story but only believed by people ignorant of how things really do come about. Man created god.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Blimey we haven't had one of these threads in a while. Option A for me although it's very much a personal thing and I'm not one of those happy-clappy, arm-waving, ever-so-slightly-weird, born-again, 'Jesus loves you!' types. If you think it's all a load of crap that's fine by me, you certainly won't find me on your doorstep shoving a bible in your face.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Trufflehound said:
Indeed. This sort of thread usually results in a dramatic flounce of some kind.
Who's your money on for the FLOUNCEARAMA?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
The Opium of the Masses, quite right Mr Marx. Having been brought up a Catholic I have come to the conclusion that ALL religion is about indoctrination or superstition. There's not factual or logical proof of the existence of any higher authority and to be smacks of people suffering from delusions.

About as believable as me worshipping little green men from Mars. If it floats your boat then you carry on living 'The Dream', it's your business just try not to make it mine please.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here