Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you appreciate living near the sea?

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
No I don't think I do appreciate it enough therefore we will remind ourselves of just how lucky we are this afternoon with HB&B family stroll from the West Pier to Peter Pans!!!

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh nostalgia... anyone remember that guy in the summer who used to set up a stage in the playground for kids to get up and act, sing, dance, do magic tricks etc....

really giving away my age here :ohmy:

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
jean6_place_s.jpg

Saturday on the dodgems while Dancing Queen was playing....

those were the days...

Techno

Oct 23, 2006
West Midlands
Having spent 95% of my life living in quite possibly the area in the UK furthest area from any coast I would love it if i lived near to the sea.
Whenever we come down for home games we always head down to the seafront in the morning/lunchtime for a stroll and some fish and chips, love it!!
Oh and the other 5% of my life was spent in hastings, but i was only a few months old at the time!!

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Lived on the seafront for a year at Uni, and a short walk for the other two. Only ever got 2 months max where you could make use of the beach, but I do miss living next to it.

The sights of Haywards Heath don't exactly make up for it.

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
I appreciate it a bit more since I've got a sea view out of the living room window but can't say I'm that bothered. That said I know all my mates who don't live by the sea love it when they come down so i'm sure i'd miss it if I went away

liam82

Onwards and Upwards
Apr 8, 2007
Telscombe Cliffs
I love it by the sea, so much so I can't even stand working in shitty Crawley everyday.

It's great when the sun's out but I even like it in the winter, head down to the beach or park up somewhere and watch the waves and rough seas.

Worked for Hoverspeed for a few years to was brilliant on a sunny day watching the beaming white cliffs of sussex comming back into view.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
With my panoramic view of Brighton taking in both the Palace Pier and West Pier from every window in my flat. I don't think I could live happily anywhere else. :)

You live in Central Brighton then.
Inbred would like to live there, but can't afford it.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
No I don't think I do appreciate it enough therefore we will remind ourselves of just how lucky we are this afternoon with HB&B family stroll from the West Pier to Peter Pans!!!

Isn't there a load of Gillingham fans living there at the moment?

They certainly are about and I thought I saw a picture in the Argus

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
how's life treating you smudge? not missing the green and lumpy stuff anymore myself m8y. almost a civvy now (taken me a long time to adjust) :bigwave:

Life is good Foxy; look me up on Facebook mate & you'll see why!
(Should of done this about 20 years ago, but I'm doing ok if you get my drift, nudge nudge, wink wink).

Sail from Alexandria today, absolute shithole still. Malta day after tomorrow, that's better. Missing the Caribbean though; did all these places in the Med to death when I was in the mob!

Take care shipwreck, I can hear my tune......"On the love boat....."

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Probably don't appreciate living near the sea nearly enough. Like a communal garden, it's nice to know it's there, but can easily go a month without going anywhere near it. Best appreciated with visitors IMHO, or after a period away stuck in somewhere like Slough.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Probably don't appreciate living near the sea nearly enough. Like a communal garden, it's nice to know it's there, but can easily go a month without going anywhere near it. Best appreciated with visitors IMHO, or after a period away stuck in somewhere like Slough.

What are you doing in Thailand?

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Scooting down to the beach on a sunny day as a young'un always used to be brilliant.

I don't get down to the seaside often, but when I do it's certainly appreciated.

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
Take care shipwreck, I can hear my tune......"On the love boat....."[/QUOTE]

sure it's not "assume NBCD state 3 condition yankee" :yahoo:
have a good time smudge and have a few for me :clap2:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
some seasides are better than others,was in portsmouth yesterday and frankly the seaside just doesnt help this dreary little blot on the landscapes overall persona

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here