Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you agree with this statement about our Society

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
" we have a mocking situation in this country now. You see it in all these TV shows where panellists critisise contestants. Even when they skate the panel critisises them. Its just a mocking culture we've got so when they( football fans) see that ( on television) they mock the manager, they ridicule him. Its very wrong and makes it very very difficult. He'll be feeling it, but he is a man and he will get on with it"

Sir Alex Fergusson about Steve Mclaren.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
No. We have a culture that rewards stupidity, that's the problem.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I agree with Taggart. But it doesn't change the fact that McClaren is still SHITHOUSE who doesn't know what he's doing.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Dick Knights Mumm said:
So why do we all hang around here ? We should all be living it up in the sunshine somewhere.

If you could possible point out how that relates to what I said it would be great:thumbsup:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I do think he has a bit of a point. But clearly the bigger point is that McClaren is total crap, and was the wrong man for the job.

I'm with Les on the whole 'famous for being stupid and doing sod all' thing, though. I'm not, so I have no idea, but you can see why actors/singers/writers might get pissed off at some showbiz bash sitting next to a BB contestant who was voted first off in Series 3. They've done nowt.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Les Biehn said:
No. We have a culture that rewards stupidity, that's the problem.

isn't it true, its wrong but oh so true !!!

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
No talent dumb fucks are pushed in front of the camera for stupid people to identify with and for slightly cleverer people to feel better about themselves. People on the whole don't like to be challenged. This is why the morons are mocked, yet make loads of money.

I think the McClaren situation is different. He doesn't have enough charisma or charm to cover up for the shortfalls in what is a very highly paid job that affects something that means a lot to a lot of people. This is why he is given shit.

People very rarely mock those who are good at their job or who are talented and bright.

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Is the right answer.

Not sure about society in general, but in terms of high profile media "celebrities" then yes it is true, sad, and I just don't understand it at all.

Actually speaking of "celebrities", I was out with Jessica Simpson on Wednesday night, do I win a prize or do I have to start my own thread for that?

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Lokki 7 said:
Not sure about society in general, but in terms of high profile media "celebrities" then yes it is true, sad, and I just don't understand it at all.

Agreed. Generally intelligence shines through. However in terms of popular media stupidity is king. Stupid is cool after all.

Lord Bracknell said:
You tell us.

I'm not entirely sure of the NSC protocol on these matters so have pm'd dwayne asking for guidance and will have to wait for his response.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here