Do you agree with Palace fans boycotting Ipswich

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Thought they were boycotting Selhurst judging by their attendances!:D

Jun 18, 2011
tunbridge wells
Football is expensive. I went to Chelsea the other week with a group of Chelsea fans, it cost £55. I went to Millwall to see the Albion and it cost about £25, which at the time I thought was OK. However I then went to the English National Opera in the west end and the ticket was £19 (OK not the best seat in the house) but it made me think. Millwall v Brighton was more expensive than a night at the opera and Chelsea was almost 3 times more expensive than the opera. There are other things to do in life than football and so I don't know about a boycott but if they want to spend the cash doing something else then fair enough. Brighton are selling out and so nobody can moan about the prices, but Ive reached the tipping point in football pricing, and so I wont go to more than 5 to 10 games a season these days unless Ive a work do when Im not paying.

Working class pride at the opera!:D

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I bet those that boycotted are gutted. That was a good result.

RednBlue

Oct 4, 2011
CPFC will charge more money to the likes of Millwall, West Ham and Brighton as they are Cat A games. For Ippo to be charging £31 entry to away fans is OTT. Im 18, graft full time for minimum wage and there is no way I can afford it, ecpecially with the ridiculas prices being charged for food a drink, Selhurst park being one of the wors at £2 for a bottle of water

Feb 14, 2010
CPFC will charge more money to the likes of Millwall, West Ham and Brighton as they are Cat A games. For Ippo to be charging £31 entry to away fans is OTT. Im 18, graft full time for minimum wage and there is no way I can afford it, ecpecially with the ridiculas prices being charged for food a drink, Selhurst park being one of the wors at £2 for a bottle of water

Yep agree

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
Have to agree with the palace fans. £38 is an utter joke. If a family wanted to follow their team to Portman Road, what are we looking at for two adults, two kids plus travel and food etc? Madness. I've been to watch the Albion five or six times at Ipswich and enjoyed them all but wont be going again at those prices.

PeteSA2011

Sep 28, 2011
Not sure of Ipswich's finances and if they need to get as much gate money as possible. It might not be greed, but through necessity? By necessity, dont mean due to the club spending way over its means.
But even if it is Palace. Surely it is not a good thing to say they arent wrong to try what they are doing. If it works, then the club might think twice as well as others. Think some well meaning people coming on here saying that they would pay anything to watch there club arent thinking straight. You might be able to find the money to watch a game at any cost. But not everyone can. And who gives a toss because some club fan is stupid enough to pay well over the odds. Doesnt make them a better fan. Otherwise Man U and Chelsea would be some of the best fans going :D

tgretton87

Shoreham Beach Seagull#2
Jul 30, 2011

£2 pounds for a bottle of water at selhurst Sainsburys is a bit overpriced these days:lol::lol:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
£38 for second-tier football in a recesssion is a joke. As someone else said, it makes a mockery of the traditional views of what are elitist leisure pastimes.

If you think working class people who like classical music strange then you need to have a conversation with members of my family my friend. I'd also suggest you stop reading the Daily Diana (Mail). Amazing tho that is cheaper to go to opera than Millwall v Brighton!

I don't mind some classical music but they would have to pay me to go to the opera. What is the attraction?

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
To be honest, the more people that decide to miss matches with stupidly high prices the better, and it may bring prices down for all. Imagine if no away fans turned up to a rip-off away match - no revenue for the home team, and they may just rethink their pricing which would be good for us all.

I'm seriously dreading what the cost for West Ham away will be - a match I really want to do, but not for £40+

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I can see their point especially as home fans are only paying £10. Their choice to spend their money where and how they wish. I don't think it's unreasonble.

Aquilaugh

Jan 9, 2011

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here