Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do we really want to keep Gifton?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
He seems too slow and lazy for me, he obviously has ankle trouble, and seems to insist on the ball being played right to his feet. I'm sure we could find better, someone who wouldn't want a fortune in wages too.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
i don't think we have much chance of signing him anyway.I would wait untill the summer and see who becomes available.I just hope McGhee doesn't make the same mistake by not dipping into the market to late.A decent and repected manager should be able to pull in the players he needs.I'm not listening to the ground issues no more he keeps harping on about.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Zed Seagull said:
Speakin to Stoke fans on saturday and they said hes got arthritis. Said hed be f***ed in the winter months!

And yet McGhee is thought to want to sign him permanently.

:ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Waste of space yesterday, no interest in the game at all.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Woodchip said:
El Turi could have done better then GNW yesterday.

Exactly. Why the hell wouldn't McGhee have used the opportunity to have another look at him??

Arrid

Jul 26, 2004
With the risk of being shot down in flames is GNW any better than McCammon????

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Funny how a few weeks ago we were all worshiping the ground he walked on.

Not a great performance from him yesterday,but to be honest i didnt realy expect too much from him once we were relegated.

I do have worries over his fitness,especialy after hearing this stuff about arthritis,but i think he could do a job in League 1.However we shouldnt be held to ransom as better options may become available.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
No. And for the record I never "worshipped" him upon arrival. Geesus, give the majority of fans some credit. The son of god he isn't.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Junior talks sense, the club should look "immediately" at next season, sort out all the contractual matters and see where gaps appear in the squad. I hope that we will not be subjected to a knee-jerk reaction of trying to bring players in at the eleventh hour, or God forbid when the horse has already bolted.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
He's been top scorer for Stoke for the last 2 seasons and he's got us a couple of goals. I can't see us bringing in anyone much better over the summer wuth McGhee at the helm.

He isn't match fit but and from what I've seen recently there is no partnership with CKR, it's very much 2 men playing on their own.

CKR IS the future and we need a striker with experience to play alongside him, someone in the Nicky Forster vein. I'd like to see more of Robinson, but he need to bulk up.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
No - assuming we get no new players, I would rather see CKR, Doug Loft, Joe Gatting in a three-pronged attack, with Hammond, Oatway and Frutos in midfield.

4-3-3 you know it makes sense!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here