Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do we need Cullip?

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
MM says he is considering a loan move for a centre back and I suspect he's hinting at Danny. I was orignally against a return but the recent defensive displays have convinced me his influence would result in an improvement. From our point of view a loan for 3 months or the whole season would be perfect however I suspect Warnock would prefer to recoup some money which he could blow on another dodgy striker.

I think we could offer to write off the transfer clauses to tempt Warnock into a permanent deal.

Would you now like to see Danny back?

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
y2dave said:
MM says he is considering a loan move for a centre back and I suspect he's hinting at Danny. I was orignally against a return but the recent defensive displays have convinced me his influence would result in an improvement. From our point of view a loan for 3 months or the whole season would be perfect however I suspect Warnock would prefer to recoup some money which he could blow on another dodgy striker.

I think we could offer to write off the transfer clauses to tempt Warnock into a permanent deal.

Would you now like to see Danny back?

Till Hinsh is fit again?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Not really the fast centre back tho is he

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
I did not want him back, but he is better than the fit cbs we have and if he was cheap why not

Pigsy

Jul 14, 2004
Would be happy to have him back temporarily, but would worry about whether he'd fit in.

Similar situation to sheep breeding (bear with me) - top ram spend all his time getting to top of pecking order, is whisked away by farmer to spend a couple of weeks impregnating ewes, and returns to the ram pen a spent force. In the meantime a new pecking order has been established, and all the other rams kick seven shades out of their former leader, whose strength has been depleted.

Last edited:

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
nickgeo said:
Would be happy to have him back temporarily, but would worry about whether he'd fit in.

Similar situation to sheep breeding (bear with me) - top ram spend all his time getting to top of pecking order, is whisked away by farmer to spend a couple of weeks impregnating ewes, and returns to the ram pen a spent force. In the meantime a new pecking order has been established, and all the other rams kick seven shades out of their former leader.

Did you get that from the Cardiff mesageboard?

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
I personally would LOVE to have him back. He's an organiser and he is a fierce competitor. I think we have missed him and cannot understand the knockers who say we are better off without him. Did they go the same games as me over the last 5 seasons? ???

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
We really need someone who can take control at the back, organise, inspire, and wear the shirt with pride. If not Cullip then someone in the same style as him please. At the moment our defenders just seem to drift about at times, and marking is terrible particulary at set peices.

Having a decent central midfielder who can control the game would help as well. I just don't think Hammond is quite there yet and Chippy is out of form.

larus

Not permanantly. Sorry, IMO he's a bully.

The defence seemed less on-edge after he'd gone. OK, we had some bad patches, but shit, we had that when he was in Div 1 last time.

I don't think he's upto this level. He's a league 1 - 2 player.

I think Hinsh is better then him; just need someone with a bit of pace, and that ain't Cullip. Also, his distribution is CRAP.

As for the last 5 years, he only looked good in the lower leagues. He's looked out of his depth at this level.

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
larus said:
Not permanantly. Sorry, IMO he's a bully.

The defence seemed less on-edge after he'd gone. OK, we had some bad patches, but shit, we had that when he was in Div 1 last time.

I don't think he's upto this level. He's a league 1 - 2 player.

I think Hinsh is better then him; just need someone with a bit of pace, and that ain't Cullip. Also, his distribution is CRAP.

As for the last 5 years, he only looked good in the lower leagues. He's looked out of his depth at this level.

What a complete and utter load of BULLSHIT! We struggled when he left. That is total nonsense.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
do bears shit in the woods?

larus

GUNTER said:
What a complete and utter load of BULLSHIT! We struggled when he left. That is total nonsense.

Not BULLSHIT mate. It's how I see it. Take off your rose-tinted specs.

When he was playing, he used to motivate Pethick by calling him a useless !!!!; which school of man management did he go to?

When he gets it wrong, he bollocks other players.

Butters improved a lot after Cullip left. Harding relaxed and got better. I would not want him back as a permanant signing. End of.

Now, that's an OPINION, as is yours, but it ain't BULLSHIT.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here