Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do we need a nasty b*****d?

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
We need more steel, guts and people up for a fight. It follows the 5 fighters theory. At the moment I only see Beram, Crofts and Baldock who throws himself about a bit. Whilst Greer has a rep he is too passive and barely speaks on the pitch.

Hopefully our new full-back Leroy Bong can handle himself.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Anyone else think we need a bit of a nasty player in our team? Over vthe last couple of seasons we seem to have missed that hard man type that will get in the faces of the opposition and give us a bit of an edge.

I have loved the Spanish Spanish/flair players that we have had over the last 4 years or so but last season we seemed to be missing a bit of grit and aggression.

Doesn't need to be a dirty player but just someone to wind people up like Charlie Oatway, El-abd and even Ashley Barnes used to do. Sometimes I think we are just a bit too nice.

Anyone agree or is it just the Saturday whisky talking?

It's 2015, so no.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
To be fair though there was more to Paul Clark than just being 'hard'. His long range shooting was fantastic and he could play as well, far better than Oatway for example.

EDIT:

In terms of the thread we need creativity a lot more.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Without wishing to become a bore.....

What twitter feed? There is no mention of it on the clubs official feed.......

go to seagulls player
go to live
go to the commentary
twitter feed

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
It's 2015, so no.
Bearing in mind 90% of fans are screaming for a return to the 1990's and 4-4-2, maybe a 1970's midfielder could work in 2015?

Besides, Kayal is definitely your man for a bit of spice in midfield. Ince may well be 6' 7" but a complete powderpuff in terms of being combative.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
We need more steel, guts and people up for a fight. It follows the 5 fighters theory. At the moment I only see Beram, Crofts and Baldock who throws himself about a bit. Whilst Greer has a rep he is too passive and barely speaks on the pitch.

Hopefully our new full-back Leroy Bong can handle himself.
Is Leroy a sibling of Gaetan ?

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
I thought that was why we signed Toko last season.
At the time, there was concern that:
we would not see much of him ......as he would be suspended a lot of the time.
Well, the first bit was right!

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Crofty's got the bite we missed so much, it would be so good if he could get back to somewhere near his best.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Ince is too young and too nice, if he fills out a bit and gains that edge that kind of player has he'll be disgusting to play against.

Baldock can put himself about but gets played out of position too much.
Crofts is too injury prone at the minute, lets hope he turns a corner.
Greer has all the credentials but has never filled the role.
Lualua is fantastic at getting in the faces of opponents, winding them up and putting himself about, but he only does it once every 3 games when he starts, which is why he's sadly still bench fodder :(

Nothing more frustrating than seeing players with all the aesthetics to be a hard ******* and not fulfill it; COG, Best, Greer

Beram is the man we're gonna be seeing this year as a hardcase with skill I hope, as well as Tomer, he's got the look for it so we'll see.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here