Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do we need a Jimmy Case style player?

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Just feel that after the first goal went in on Saturday,we seemed leaderless? Dont know if a player like him would be the answer to everything,but it would give our younger players,someone to look to,along with putting some bite back into midfield. :albion:

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
I think we could do with a central midfielder that is the heartbeat of the team, so YES!

I think Richard Carpenter is that player :clap: :clap: :clap:

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
You have to ask? Could not some of the £400k,been spent on a leader for our midfield. Charlie is a battler,but we also need goals from midfield,we cant rely on Chippy all the time.:albion:

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
Weve been crying out for a Jimmy Case clone since he left, an attacking midfielder who can pass with aplomb, tackle like a gladiator and whack a good few goals in too. Trouble is, there`s about 75-80 other clubs looking for the same thing! It is what weve been missing all these years though, I love Chippy and he would be great playing behind such a player, feeding him from defence but he`s not attack minded enough to be the one, although he can tackle and has scored some good goals, Chippy with the Jimmy Case clone would be fine and we dont half miss him when he doesnt play, he`s under-rated by some fans and can never understand it.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Leekbrookgull said:
You have to ask? Could not some of the £400k,been spent on a leader for our midfield. Charlie is a battler,but we also need goals from midfield,we cant rely on Chippy all the time.:albion:

Hammond gets a fair quota of goals from midfield

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Stinky Kat said:
Hammond gets a fair quota of goals from midfield
Frutos has 2 already also. Carole's got 1 and looks a player who will get chances.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Barnet Seagull said:
I think we're crying out for a 28 year old Paul Rogers

or a 25 - 28 year old Brian Horton!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
London Irish said:
I don't.
Don't get me wrong - he's probably the first name I'd have on the teamsheet when he's fit. But he's not what I'd call a LEADER on the field. I think we are sorely lacking an experienced, charismatic player with natural leadership qualities, who can lead by example, inspire his team-mates, help the younger players when things are going wrong, bark orders, organise, drive the team on and and direct things from the thick of the action.

Sadly, the Terry Butchers, Bryan Robsons and Tony Adams's of this world are few and far between. Cullip was probably the closest we've had in recent years. He was tremendous in D3 and 2, but he soon got found out as soon as we stepped up to this level.

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
London Irish said:

Agreed when fit chippy is an automatic choice and rightly so

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here