Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do We Expect Too Much?

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
Yes everyone does expect too much. This was a match waiting to happen in my opinion.

However I think more positives will come out of it than negatives. If we had another game where we scraped points whilst playing poorly Micky would have been happy that unbeaten run was extended etc etc

Now they've had a proper reality check the team should hopefully bouce back positively and push on from here...

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
the twelth man idea rings true, whilst the albion's away support has a reputation second to none , the bigger clubs we have been playing against over the last two or three seasons all know that if they can fill the away end (corner) they will most likely out do the home support in terms of vocal support , to be honest , the whole whithdean set up is inadequate for current championship status and i would be surprised if the F.A allow us to go up ,even if we do gain promotion.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Would we have lost 4-1 under Wilkins? Did we EVER lose 4-1 at home under Wilkins? Will Mickey last the season? He wont get sacked but I have my doubts he will be here come May.

Playing players out of position is the rocky road to losing the plot frankly.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Would we have lost 4-1 under Wilkins? Did we EVER lose 4-1 at home under Wilkins? Will Mickey last the season? He wont get sacked but I have my doubts he will be here come May.

Playing players out of position is the rocky road to losing the plot frankly.

Thats rubbish.Adams doesn't rate Livermore thats pretty obvious.He tried Richards in there second half because he has played in midfield before.Didn't work but i can see what Adams was trying to do.All this bollocks about losing the plot is for morons who don't have any understanding about the game.Bet you wern't complaining about Virgo being there after the first two games.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
It's interesting this. Judging by all the reports and comments I've heard on the first two home games, which I didn't see, we played poorly and were lucky to escape with a point from both of them.

As I saw it - and sure, I may be entirely deluded and viewing the game with different specs - we lost the game because of basic errors in defence, coupled with clinical finishing from an away side who I expect to be up there at the end of the season.

After conceding early we pushed hard in a couple of phases of the first half and had decent chances to at least level: Cox's header, Forster's glancing header wide of the far post, Elphick's free header from a corner, Murray's one on one with the keeper, and Forster's volley denied only by a brilliant last ditch tackle. Had we gone in at 1-1, I'd have given us a decent chance of going on to win the game.

Going 2-0 down on the stroke of halftime via some dubious linesmanship and poor defensive concentration, probably cost us the game.

After the break we should have pulled one back when Hawkins scuffed his shot on the back post - if that had fallen to just about anyone else, we would have. And even once we'd gone 3-0 down, we still had chances, notably Murray's second one on one.

On another day, with chances taken, today's game wouldn't have looked half the whipping it appears.

Now it's up to Micky to get the players up again, and push on. It's our first defeat, and it won't be our last, but it's not *that* calamitous. We'll come back stronger, and I suspect Yeovil will see that.

Just my twopence worth ...

Agreed

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Our away form has been excellent.

At home we suffer because of our home.The away team only have to play one league game at Withdean,so they come and get it over with.The Albion have to run out at every home game to the cauldron that is Withdean,and it seems to demoralise them;it's being a professional footballer in surroundings that very many non league teams surpass.

Yes,I know.It shouldn't matter,and our displays appear spineless and inept.So why are the same players,team,management so much better "on the road"?

Is it because they can hear and see their own supporters?

Our team is probably an above average league one team,but I do not think the Albion will get back to the Championship until Falmer opens(see countdown thread).

And,yes,I'll be at Yeovil.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Maybe, but I don't expect:

- Players playing completely out of position including our best midfielder being moved to left back at half time
- Unfit players starting whist players who are at least as good are on the bench
- Lack of commitment
- The manager effectively giving up and waiting until we are 4-0 down to make a change
- No competition for places leading to the kind of complacency displayed by Murray and Thomson
- Players who play well in the week being ignored on Saturday. We needed soem creativity in midfield, Loft played well in the week. He deserved a chance yesterday. If you aren't going to play him when he deserves it, pay him off.
- Absolutely NO plan B - at least Wilkins had the diamond. It even worked occasionally.

SORT IT OUT ADAMS

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I'll add to that, no passion from the bench. Their staff were up for it, passionate and seemed a unit. I sat behind the dugout and only saw a glimpse of Dean White.

Maybe, but I don't expect:

- Players playing completely out of position including our best midfielder being moved to left back at half time
- Unfit players starting whist players who are at least as good are on the bench
- Lack of commitment
- The manager effectively giving up and waiting until we are 4-0 down to make a change
- No competition for places leading to the kind of complacency displayed by Murray and Thomson
- Players who play well in the week being ignored on Saturday. We needed soem creativity in midfield, Loft played well in the week. He deserved a chance yesterday. If you aren't going to play him when he deserves it, pay him off.
- Absolutely NO plan B - at least Wilkins had the diamond. It even worked occasionally.

SORT IT OUT ADAMS

Adams' formation owes more to Space Invaders than any expensive gemstones.

Scunthorpe must have laughed all the way home.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I don't think I expect too much, but I do expect more than 2 (very lucky) points from a possible 9 at home, and I expect more than 2 goals in 3 home league games, only one of which was from open play. If that's expecting too much, then I had better stop going to football.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Scunthorpe deserve credit for not allowing us to play and quickly closing us down. They were physically stronger also. Commitment? I'm not convinced about this we'll see in the next couple of games.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here