Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Do we dare to dream?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I've just thrown my dream catcher out, as I never dreamt that we would be top 4 at any point of a season.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
When Giraffe published his excellent tracker, there was lots of concern about needing a strong start to get those "expected" points on the board, as we had some very tough periods where we were expected to get very very few.
Given our performances against the expected points last year, many were not hopeful of getting those points and that we would be in for a season of nervously checking the tracker and tables, praying for some unexpected points to stay ahead of the game

As it turns out, not only have we got them , we are well ahead even though most seem realistic with understanding that it is only five games in, but what a start.

Even with a bad run, its going to take a long time before those at the foot of the table can make up the points to overhaul us, and the likleyhood is that we are going to be picking up points at a reasonable rate

So yes we can dream, not of a top 4 finish, but we can surely dream of a comfortable season, with the top ten now a realistic possibility, and that is absolutely the stuff of dreams even 2 seasons ago

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Good article. The dream is to a degree already realised as nothing bar an unprecedented loss of form will result in relegation; 6 wins and 7-8 draws should be comfortably enough and surely easily achievable from here with 33 games remaining.

But caution beckons: had Burnley & Brentford not shown the sort of finishing that Albion were demonstrating last season, and the debatable decisions on Sunday gone the other way, we would be sat with 3 points. Potter is right about margins; we have fallen the right side so far.

10 games seems a more appropriate benchmark time - we have two of the top 4 (arguably no longer 'free hit' games given last seasons result against them but remain second favourites) and, more important a match against no hopers (we struggled with these last season) and two interesting games against mid table opposition that I think will define where we are.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Been following this club too long but if you had told me at half time at Hereford that we’d be 4th in the PL in Sept 21, I would have moved away from you very quickly :lolol:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
For fifty-four years I have been supporting this club and as I said I keep things in check, supporting this club has conditioned this in me. :)

Very much this…. Although what is it we dare dream about ?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I assume the article's author (Richard Newman) is a Brighton fan, as the insight and info about the players, history etc is spot on. Very good article.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
I assume the article's author (Richard Newman) is a Brighton fan, as the insight and info about the players, history etc is spot on. Very good article.

That was my thought too.
It's competently, if not brilliantly, written. But it's extremely accurate with plenty of insight, so either a fan or a journalist that really does the homework!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Of course have a dream, but be realistic. The best I can dream right now is if we beat Palace next Monday we could go top of the league. If this happened it would be one of the greatest nights in the history of Brighton and Hove Albion. Chance of this actually happening is about 50/1.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Of course have a dream, but be realistic. The best I can dream right now is if we beat Palace next Monday we could go top of the league. If this happened it would be one of the greatest nights in the history of Brighton and Hove Albion. Chance of this actually happening is about 50/1.

I reckon we would have to find about 3 or 4 consecutive wins from here to go top at some point.

A few of the big boys playing each other in the coming weeks though.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
some people are in for a real disappointment come the end of the season.

remember when we called leeds fans delusional?

Last edited:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
some people are in fall a real disappointment come the end of the season.

remember when we called leeds fans delusional?
We all support football because it’s bloody fantastic you just never know it’s unpredictable nature is part of the attraction. You probably never thought we would win four out of five games at the start of this season.

I can see no reason why the next three games aren’t beyond us the only thing I don’t like about the article and ones like it is please move on from Hereford.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
My Spurs supporting colleague insists we will finish eighth. I'll take that.

He also insisted that England would win the Euros, and he wasn't far off. So maybe ninth?

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I certainly dare to dream about staying out of the relegation battle and being mid-table. Anything else is bonus territory.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here