Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do they actually CARE?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Whing - yes
Fraser - yes.
El-abd - yes.

er...really not convinced any of the rest of that shower give two shits about where we finish this season. They are all either out of contract in the summer or will go back to clubs they are here from on loan, and frankly in the second half the lack of effort/fight/commitment was disgusting. For the second week running, we just seemed to give up.

Sadly, the only other player who is hanging around is Davies, and not only is he spectacularly lazy, but he makes Mark McCammon look like Ronaldo. Pathetic.

SUPERB support from the fans today (even if atmosphere wasn't the best) but to be quite honest the team have let us down badly today. Orient were piss poor, but our half-arsed, inept approach has left us staring at relegation in the face.

We're going down with a wimper.

:nono:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
On the plus side, alot of people met Dixon, Hawkins, Forster, Virgo and Elphick before the match!

I think the players care, it's proffesional pride if anything else. And yes, Davies had a bad game, but he cares, that much was obvious to me, he was anything but lazy in my opinion, the effort was there but like alot of them today, the ability was lacking.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Whing - yes
Fraser - yes.
El-abd - yes.

er...really not convinced any of the rest of that shower give two shits about where we finish this season. They are all either out of contract in the summer or will go back to clubs they are here from on loan, and frankly in the second half the lack of effort/fight/commitment was disgusting. For the second week running, we just seemed to give up.

Sadly, the only other player who is hanging around is Davies, and not only is he spectacularly lazy, but he makes Mark McCammon look like Ronaldo. Pathetic.

SUPERB support from the fans today (even if atmosphere wasn't the best) but to be quite honest the team have let us down badly today. Orient were piss poor, but our half-arsed, inept approach has left us staring at relegation in the face.

We're going down with a wimper.

:nono:

I didn't actually read any of that because you are a prick.

And before you say anything, I was going to say similar to your face today, but you don't know who I am, and I thought it'd ruin an otherwise splendid day out.

C'mon Slade, Davies and the Albion - show what you can do and prove WW wrong, we are behind you!

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
WW you need to go out and buy some strong cans of beer get drunk...go to a cashpoint get out £50 and go and f*** a whore....

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
How very sad. A threat of a confrontation that did not materialise over posts on a messageboard and a disagreement with the viewpoint of another person over a little old football team. :wozza:

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
How very sad. A threat of a confrontation that did not materialise over posts on a messageboard and a disagreement with the viewpoint of another person over a little old football team. :wozza:

Ok probably shouldn't have said that (I am not in any way an aggressive person and sure I have some character references on here) but we've all been drinking surely. Point is, I'm sure said poster loved the fact that we lost today, and having had him pointed out to me, was going to ask him if this was indeed the case.

Il Duce

Sussex 'till I die
Aug 19, 2006
NW8
Of course they care. But for goodness sake, there have been a lot of new players come in, our new manager has only been in the job a couple of days, we're low on confidence, and they need a couple of games to turn it around and start winnning. There was a lot of effort today. We didn't look great, but there was clearly effort (and for the few retards who will clearly never like Fraser, he was one of our better players).

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
ive often thought about if players actually care about thier jobs as footballers and i guess thier job is a little different to say a bus driver, but the theory of a toilet cleaner (no disrespect) wanting to be a toilet inspector and so on must lurk in the changing rooms of teams,im not suggesting seb carole wants to drive a bus ,but i would imagine he would rather play for Man utd,there are certain players who have played for brighton who have basicly given thier footballing lives to the club i can think of 3 off the top of my head and i am sure that there have been others,so the answer i guess is some will care more than others,as in all walks of life.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
To be HONEST Mccloud can f*** right off. He is a silly **** with his RED boots who then CHANGED them in the 2nd half to white.

Players like that can f*** right off.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Possible choice of footwear for southend.
Premium_Australian_Tall_Lace_Sheepskin_Boots.jpg

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I didn't see any lack of effort today, just a lack of quality and organization.
And WW, someone actually bothered to point you out to ATFC seagull today, it seems that your reputation preceds you, the internet could be merging into real life, possibly time to think before you post.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I reckon it depends on three things:

1) Loyalty to Brighton
2) Professionalism
3) Ambition

Clearly someone like Elphick or Fraser will fall into 1, someone like Forster sums up 2, and someone like McNulty into 3. They would all have a good reason for caring about our destiny. Others though, the 28/29 year olds who won't be climbing any higher than league one again and are just on short-term deals possibly don't though.

So are you seriously saying that players on short term deals never try, and are happy to lose because they are on short term deals? - rubbish

They would want to impress to earn a new contract, either with the club they are at, or from another high league club, after all, its their livelyhood thats at stake, do you think that they are just going to drift to the end of the season and then hope a bigger club comes in for them, or the club they are at offers them a long term deal?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Ok probably shouldn't have said that (I am not in any way an aggressive person and sure I have some character references on here) but we've all been drinking surely. Point is, I'm sure said poster loved the fact that we lost today, and having had him pointed out to me, was going to ask him if this was indeed the case.

So why didnt you?

Instead you fire abuse at him on a message board? :thumbsup:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Its called " Keyboard Warrior Syndrome ".

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I don't buy all this abuse of WW. The guy is a BHAFC fan through and through. Just because he is not satisfied with shit and the prospect of 4th division football does not make him less of a fan and stop trotting out the old " he would have been happy with us losing " bullshit.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I don't buy all this abuse of WW. The guy is a BHAFC fan through and through. Just because he is not satisfied with shit and the prospect of 4th division football does not make him less of a fan and stop trotting out the old " he would have been happy with us losing " bullshit.

Quite.

It seems if you dare suggest Brighton are going down or speak against the club you are a moaning twat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here