Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do Something Amazing.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Dear Brighton Supporting Friend.

I don't know who you are, but whoever you are thank you for the card and flowers that came today and the donation for NSOC. I feel a bit 'attention seeker-ish' (and this is also a shameless hoof for this thread) posting this on the forum and I thought about doing so all day, but I have no way of knowing who you are or letting you know we received it. I hope you see this. And know how much it means to my family and I. I am truly touched. And I wish I knew who you were.

DC Rules

Could It Be Forever?
Sep 19, 2006
I started to donate blood when 17 and only stopped during pregnancy etc. My own life was probably saved after 2nd child with a transfusion, but that means I can no longer donate. I am on organ donor register, and was registered for bone marrow too, but not sure if thats possible now because of transfusion. Husband goes, and son started last year just after 17th.
Although I wasn't on the board last year, I remember talking with you over Christmas re bad year. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
used to donate blood but due to er, visiting some sights in amsterdam rules me out again for another a year :rolleyes:

1066gull

I'm scared of giving blood if I collapse or something.

Would donate organs, but when dead. Kind of need them for myself first.:dunce:

Last edited:

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
Adriodinho said:

I collapsed the last time I went :dunce: Just need to remember to eat well before hand and you will be fine, just look away from the needle and there is only a very short sharp sting when it goes in and thats it. Nothing to be afraid of.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Adriodinho said:

It's ok if you collapse because you're already lying down.
Don't be a wimp. Go and try it.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Adriodinho said:

Go on Adrie -- be a MAN!
Besides, you might meet a FIT woman there :glare:

Ps - get a Donor card too. Fill it in and carry it in your wallet :thumbsup:

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
just a little reminder. saw the disney video from anastasia funeral in the disney thread and the whole who-ha over the opt out system this past weekend made me think of this thread.

hope you all are still donating if you are able.

I have got my call up to go next week to give - my 13th time which makes me a bit of a lightweight compared to some

If anyone is thinking of going but holding back - go for it! You get a free (non alcoholic) drink and as many crisps and biscuits as you can stuff in your face (shame they don't do jammy dodgers at donor sessions anymore though).

Seriously though, I have signed up for everything and did get a letter a couple of years back as I had been identified as a close match for bone marrow doning. I got quite excited that I might be able to help someone but eventually I think they found a better match.

If you do go - they have all heard the "a pint - that's nearly an armful" jokes many many times!

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
If you do go - they have all heard the "a pint - that's nearly an armful" jokes many many times!
In which case its high time this was posted again...

[yt]0Mp63jD20yc[/yt]

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
If you've had a transfusion does that rule you out forever? I had a few oct o6 ( you all saw the pics) but will I be able to?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
If you've had a transfusion does that rule you out forever? I had a few oct o6 ( you all saw the pics) but will I be able to?

According to the official National Blood Service site, if you have received blood at any time since January 1st 1980, you're ruled out (that's one of the reasons I can't give).

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
According to the official National Blood Service site, if you have received blood at any time since January 1st 1980, you're ruled out (that's one of the reasons I can't give).

:( Frustraiting I was all geard up for this....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here