Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do Palace really hate us?

beardosh

Insert witty comment here
Dec 14, 2009
Love the description of a Millwall fan by one poster. Someone with leprosy covered in Burberry!:laugh:

Revilop

All aboard the Gus bus!
Jul 13, 2010
Worthing, West Sussex
Of course we hate Millwall. But it's not real hate. It's almost sympathy.

Millwall fans are some of the thickest bastards in world football. It's a bit like visiting somebody you vaguely knew that broke down with an incurable disease - you would hate to get it, you would hate to be in their shoes - but the poor twerps just keep coming back with the same problems they've had for decades. A bit like leprosy - but covered in Burberry.

Brilliant description of Millwall by a Palace fan!

Madness

Dec 7, 2010
Most older Palace hate us with a passion, but the younger one's seem to detest Charlton more, may be because we have only played against them a couple of times over the last 15 years.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I reckon if we did a poll who were most hated by us, a significant amount of fans would vote for Southampton, Pompey, Orient or Leeds rather than Palace

Personally, I dont mind Palace, but i was told that makes me "not a real Brighton fan" according to an idiot in a pub that asked me

Jan 30, 2008
I reckon if we did a poll who were most hated by us, a significant amount of fans would vote for Southampton, Pompey, Orient or Leeds rather than Palace

Personally, I dont mind Palace, but i was told that makes me "not a real Brighton fan" according to an idiot in a pub that asked me
these clowns aren't in the loop, clueless and just not itk !!

cjwoolven

Jun 4, 2008
I used to sit next to a palarse fan at college. It wasn't abuse as much, just banter if anything. He did seem to have Brighton first on his list though, quite unsurprising if he'd lived here all his life.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
To be honest you have to hate Palace to be a proper Brighton fan or your very young.

I don't think that's strictly true. I went to the big Brighton v Palace derbies in 70's and ended up with stitches in a head wound from one of the away games. Not by a Palace fan but by a bus conductor. I consider myself to be a proper Brighton fan.

I think it's an age thing. For instance 'hate' is a very strong word that I would say is used more by the younger generation. Try the word dislike instead and I imagine most people of my generation would say that they 'dislike' rather than hate certain football teams or whatever subject matter they are talking about.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
... and us very old ones can remember when Palace weren't our rivals at all.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
I've been supporting Brighton for 30 years now so know all about the rivalry between Palace & Brighton. That said my hatred for Palace (if you can call it that) is insignificant to the hatred I have for Man Utd. I don't class them as rivals at all and wouldn't class a game against them as any different than a game against Watford or somebody like that.

Also hate Orient & Portsmouth a million times more than I hate Palace.

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

What do you mean by don't mind?

I have a very good mate at work who is from Southborough way and has always followed Palace (He's about late 30s). I have the best mutual respect for this guy and his passion for his club (local club) who he's grown up supporting. I can have a proper football chat with this guy who I consider to be about the only other real football fan I work with - I don't count the silly girl who reckons she supports Man U cos she watches them on SKY occaionally and didn't even realise they lost to W Ham the other night, Or the 'Spurs fan' who doesn't even know when they're playing etc etc. I hate Palace and my mate hates Brighton but there's such a high level of respect there we look out for each others results and text every weekend. It really has changed my views on the rivalry from when i was just a kid a few yrs back.

I have more respect for a Palace fan supporting their team than any plastic idiot fan from Sussex. Esp the plastic idiot fans who have the cheek to take the piss out of Brighton - they're the worst of all.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham

I have a very good mate at work who is from Southborough way and has always followed Palace (He's about late 30s). I have the best mutual respect for this guy and his passion for his club (local club) who he's grown up supporting. I can have a proper football chat with this guy who I consider to be about the only other real football fan I work with - I don't count the silly girl who reckons she supports Man U cos she watches them on SKY occaionally and didn't even realise they lost to W Ham the other night, Or the 'Spurs fan' who doesn't even know when they're playing etc etc. I hate Palace and my mate hates Brighton but there's such a high level of respect there we look out for each others results and text every weekend. It really has changed my views on the rivalry from when i was just a kid a few yrs back.

I have more respect for a Palace fan supporting their team than any plastic idiot fan from Sussex. Esp the plastic idiot fans who have the cheek to take the piss out of Brighton - they're the worst of all.

This. Exactly this

Albalbion

Feb 24, 2009
Kingston
Have to question the upbringing.

If you are Brighton, you hate Palace. Simple as

Absolutely, my dad brought me up to hate Palace and that i do. Its strange because ive never even been to a brighton palace game yet, but i absolutely cant stand them, even the sight of their shirt makes me think EUGH! lol its in the upbringing haha

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Just found out the new gf has a Palace supporting dad and brother who regularly attend games. Thankfully she has no interest in them and has agreed to come to Falmer to 'give football a proper go'. Not sure if she will but be nice to make her root for us over them if things work out.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

Nice post.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here