Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do Palace really hate us?

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
I saw that. We havn't played them enough in the recent past for their younger fans to see us as rivals.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
A whole generation has barely seen us play eachother and the same would happen if we had a poll:thumbsup:

Pompey would be our 30%:thumbsup:

Thats a good reflection considering we never play eachother,its not the end of the world anyway.:p

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
A whole generation has barely seen us play eachother and the same would happen if we had a poll:thumbsup:

Pompey would be our 30%:thumbsup:

Thats a good reflection considering we never play eachother,its not the end of the world anyway.:p

THIS, although the terrible timing of the poll doesn't help.

Maybe we should do a poll. Would come out at about the same %

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
On my way home yesterday my cabbie was a palarse fan.
We were talking about the rivallry & he said that he didn't give a stuff about Millwall or Charlton & that Brighton was in his eyes their biggest rival. All other Palarse fans i know consider us the big one.

Obviously those who think its Millwall don't understand the historical significance of it.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
"Brighton are bigger rivals whereas Millwall are bigger scum.

If that actually makes sense."

Brilliant and I have to agree!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
On my way home from the game yesterday I was fortunate enough to be amongst a whole load of Phalarse fans who were at Waterloo East. They were all muttering and moaning after their defeat at home when somebody loudly asked anybody in general "How did Brighton get on"? "They won 4 nil". Cue even louder moaning and much glumness all around.

I was already enjoying my train journey-that little moment made it even better.

They lost at home to Millwall but they all wanted to know what happened to us. It's still there:amex:

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
I have i mate who is a palace fan (sorry) and he said when they played charlton last season, they sang "We only hate the Brighton"

Srixon

Sep 26, 2010
On my way home yesterday I changed at East Croydon. Got a beer and saw some Palace Fans, about 10 in total, all ages really, 18 - 60’s. I asked them how they got on ( I knew the score ) and they said they had lost 1-0. I said, brilliant result as I’m a Brighton fan and we won 4-0.

The old lady just shouted you rotten sod and the youngsters shouted seaweed. I burst out laughing, I couldn’t help it. I walked off laughing drinking my beer.

Oh what a day :thumbsup:

On my way home yesterday I changed at East Croydon. Got a beer and saw some Palace Fans, about 10 in total, all ages really, 18 - 60’s. I asked them how they got on ( I knew the score ) and they said they had lost 1-0. I said, brilliant result as I’m a Brighton fan and we won 4-0.

The old lady just shouted you rotten sod and the youngsters shouted seaweed. I burst out laughing, I couldn’t help it. I walked off laughing drinking my beer.

Oh what a day :thumbsup:

I'm picturing this and cringing:facepalm:

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Brighton hate Palace
Palace hate Brighton

I've got several Palace mates at work and they ALL hated what happened to us with the Archer/Belotti rip off becuase they love to hate us (and us them)

Everyone thinks Millwall (and Pompey) are tossers.

Never seen a ten year old buying beer before, doubt he could reach the counter.

How should I of written it?

the beer was the cringe issue demonstrating you were over 18, if a ten year old had perpitrated this hilairious banter in the way it was described on here it might have been funny. like i said, I read it, got a picture in my mind of how it looked, cringed, thought to myself that certainly showed them, that's all. However I never saw the incedent so it probably was football banter of the highest order

Srixon

Sep 26, 2010
the beer was the cringe issue demonstrating you were over 18, if a ten year old had perpitrated this hilairious banter in the way it was described on here it might have been funny. like i said, I read it, got a picture in my mind of how it looked, cringed, thought to myself that certainly showed them, that's all. However I never saw the incedent so it probably was football banter of the highest order

I'll drink lemonade or spring water next time and I'll only talk to opposition fans if they are drinking the same.

Look forward to chatting with you again after our next away game.

aviaviavioioioi

Sep 29, 2009
Seaford/Brighton
Palacefan said:
Brighton all day, every day. I have had the misfortune of growing up in Sussex, surrounded by the gayers. The level of abuse (suprisingly not sexual) I use to get from them as a young child whilst wearing a Palace shirt was quite shocking. They seriously hate Palace down here with a passion, & that has made me despise them to the point where I wouldn't bat an eyelid if they went out of business, infact i'd celebrate the occasion by having a tommy tank off the edge of their Pier whilst singing about AJ's hat-trick. Shame, as I actually love Brighton as a city."

Ps, Millwall do come a close 2nd, utter scum.

Pps, who is this Charton side you speak of?
:laugh:

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
Some dont see us as their main rivals - here's what one of em said on that Palace thread (which is absolutely hilarious):

"How can a second rate club from a third world town be our rivals?

"Palace v Millwall has far more history and while I do not hate Millwall in terms of the team I always want us to beat its Millwall, after all its about who is the top team in Sarf London

"Rivals now that is different, our Rivals must be Chelsea, Fulham, Arsenal, West ham and Spurs. If we are still ambitious enough to be London's top team, then these are our rivals, not some soppy seaside team who seem to have become fixated on us as they have no real rivals. Brighton and Charlton, no where clubs."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here