Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Leave & take the challenge

Votes: 26 86.7%

• Total voters

Stumpy Tim

Re: Re: Do I stay or do I go

Tom Hark said:
Not that tricky Tim. Here's some options:

a) Have a quiet word & let your bosses know you're on the point of resigning to join 'a competitor'. Don't say who. They'll almost certainly offer you a pay rise to stay. In fact they almost always do in order to keep a valued employee - but usually only when it's too late & the deal's already done.

b) Tell your prospective new company that there's no way you'll join them for the same money. They'll almost certainly offer you a pay rise to join.

c) Go contracting (loadsa Sydney-based jobs on www.jobserve.co.uk). Then simply go where you get paid the most.

I can't go contracting with my job - its a BMD role. I'm going to go back & say I want more money from both employers & see where that gets me!

seagull over sevenoaks

Jul 14, 2003
Go mate.. Better commission structure is the key.. new challenge focuses the mind and gets you moving again..

you know it makes sense..

the way you were talking about it when you were over was like you had made up your mind anyway...

:drink:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Verisign have competitors? That they don't own (Thawte)?

Although, I just remembered Verisign do other stuff than just X.509 SSL certs these days...

Last edited:

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
Go Mate, if it doenst work out for whatever reason your old company would take you back!

Is it straightforward to transfer your work perm?

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
Shit course you are! Do it!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Simster said:
How did you do that then? Ask about the CRUMPET in the interview? It's not like you get a guided tour of the top office cabbage before you've started is it?

I think I have been given a tour of the office in nearly every interview I've been to (including the jobs I wasn't offered), and often introduced to my prospective colleagues.

gave up working in the public sector after 17 years, a few years ago to go self-employed, small contracts etc.

Despite losing security of job, great pension and hoildays.

Its the best thing I have done. No more stress, no more 60 hours a week working for c*** managers, no more managing staff looking to take a case out againgst you!!

A change will certainly do you some good, pick up new ideas, meet new contacts, different enviroments etc

LC

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here