Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do England have any world class players?

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Rooney on his day?....

Joe Hart?....

Possibly Ashley Cole......

Is that it? :(

Cloughie

Jun 7, 2009
Ashley cole would get into any team in the world.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Joe Hart is an exceedingly good keeper, maybe a touch too early for world class status though :shrug: I don't think too much of Rooney, has moments here and there but too inconsistent at the top level. Gerrard is past-it now, as is Ferdinand. I guess that only Cashley Cole then, the rest are very good but not World Class IMO

gjh1971

May 7, 2007
A definition of a world class player to me is a player that excels in their position domestically, continentally and globally, so therefore I conclude England do not possess any world class players

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
How many England players have been successful overseas? Ever? Probably Beckham. Can't think of any others. I don't think we have had a world class player in decades.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Ashton, Tuilagi and Wood.

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
I don't rate Ashley Cole that much to be honest. Although saying that, I believe full back is the hardest position on the pitch. With wingers like Nani and Ronaldo running at you, what chance you got. Most full backs are better going forward, I don't rate Cole as a defender, going forward he is very good though. I await the backlash.......

Joe Hart is consistently different class though......Rooney is a 1 in 10 merchant, the rest are average.

Phil Jones will be England captain one day, he is mustard.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Alistair Cook, Jonathan Trott, Jimmy Anderson.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here