Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do BHAFC Fans Have The Highest Standards Of Any Football Fans Anywhere In The World?

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
The nice thing about the Gills game was being surrounded by less regular supporters , they may not of known who all the players are but at least they weren't moaning!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
The trouble is THPP, that for many people they've got so used to fighting enemies (Bellotti, Archer, Withdean Residents (SWEAT), Falmer Parish, Lewes District etc etc etc) that they now dont know who to fight. There are also some youg'uns (now early 20s) who missed the main battles and identifying real villains that they are looking for their Gulls Eye moment now and looking for conspiracy theories or other breaking news anywhere.

This kind of behaviour is common in uprising or revolution politics and the interniscine fighting that follows is all too familiar. This sniping will go on for a few years after we are at falmer and will cause schisms in the fan sections.

Very true.

Not really Tom, ask Spurs or Newcastle fans. The Falmer pictures and computer images look great I agree but thats all there are at the moment images. I will get excited when I see the Stadium in all its REAL glory until then I reserve the right to moan at Withdean if thats alright.

Mmmm. I think there are 2 points here.

1. Is that all teams have their fair share of wingers and moaners with the attention span and appreciation of a one second old knat about to be eaten by a spider

2. Is that they don't actually understand the meaning of what a 'supporter' is. It's a bit like a marriage, i.e. for better or for worse and instead of having a divorce after 5, 10 or 15 years they have a divorce after 5, 10 or 15 minutes - then make up and then get unhappy again.

C'est la vie :falmer::falmer:

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
Random thought: our expectations as fans are downright PERVERSE:

For example:

1. We have a chairman that delivers us from evil, gets a proven stadium-builder on board, brings us back to Brighton, keeps us out of administration, delivers planning permission for a gorgeous 21st century stadium we can move into in two years time - and some of us STILL moan?

2. We spend the most money on a player in the past quarter century, he scores four goals in five games in his first month here and gets named Div 1 Player Of The Month that same month and some of us STILL moan?

3. Our good and faithful lardy ginger servant hits four hundred games - and some of us STILL moan?

4. We win dogfights at our current home, a local decrepit athletics track, against piss poor opposition in a piss poor league and look destined for the play-offs by default no matter how badly we play - and some of us STILL moan?

5. I could go on...

Funny old game aye? And a funny old club. Who would ever want to support anybody else?

6. The Board decide to engage with the local young adults by offering fantastcc savings on season tickets but the 22+ year old bridge moan.

7. The 22+ year olds moan that the crowds are too small and therefore no atmposphere

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
I've said this on here before, many moons ago, but it bears repeating in this context. I once saw Arsenal beat a Deportivo La Coruna side, who were at the time one of the strongest sides in Spain, 5-1 at Highbury. A bloke about four seats along from me spent the entire game complaining, even though Arsenal were superb and Kanu scored a goal simply by 'Elvising' his hips sufficiently to make the bewildered 'keeper sit down, so he could just walk past him.

I remember thinking at the time, 'Christ, this bloke would be apoplectic if he had to watch our division every week'. There are those who are never happy no matter how well things are going, no matter how spoiled they are by their team winning or playing sumptuous football. I don't for a second think that things are anywhere near perfect at BHA, but they'll still do for me...

I wouldn't let it vex you unduly old boy - nothing will ever change the fact that, were we to secure the Premiership title by thrashing Palace 5-0 (unlikely I know - there's no chance they'll ever get back up there) at a packed Falmer, some people would be bitching that their seat was too hard, we missed chances for a sixth, or something.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here