Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

DK on SCR

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Did I not say this the other day when saying DK should be applauded for not giving in to Bazs excess wage demands? Surely DH shoul have known from the way Baz was handled that he was never going to get more than he was worth.

What more could DH have wanted? He was going to be the highest paid player at the club and still be allowed to walk away at the end of the season if/when we didn't get promoted. That was a real 'best of both worlds' offer which was too greedy to accept because another club were offering more money. I for one will boo him when he comes to play down here next season!!:rant:

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Dick Knight OWNED Harty, Hawesy and the Ragus, absolutely OWNED them , wiped the floor with his detractors.

Just where does this 'OWNED' phrase come from? My 12 year old son is constantly using it.

As for yesterday I felt Dick gave a very full and frank interview, which he agreed to on Friday, its clear he has issues with the local press which are not really for me to comment on, I've never made a secret of the fact that I won't blow smoke up his arse for the sake of it but I must say he has played the Hammond business with a totlally straight bat and more importantly the Albion ended up with cash rather than the usual shitty end of the stick.

Interviewing former vice chairman John Campbell after the game was totaly surreal given our history, for newer fans he, Sizen and Bloom sued Gulls Eye back in 1990, but I was chuffed but what he said, "Whatever has gone between you and I one thing is for sure is that we both love the club."

I sometimes think that had he not been going through some serious personal issues he might have been able to have stopped Archer, he once told me and I have no reason not to believe him that his signature was allegedly forged on a document at a time when he was working in Nigeria when Archer picked the club up for the £56.

SeagullEd

Jan 18, 2008
I must say that I have been sceptical about Knight but everytime he is on the phone in he always convinces me back. Tremendous chairmen. Obviously he makes mistake but every chairmen does. Hammond has been an absolute idiot and I really hope we go out get some good players in when the loan window opens and get promoted with Colchester getting relegated.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
I think you'll find that this is what the silent majority has been saying all along.

It also confirms my suspicions that Andy Naylor is nothing more than a shit-stirring publicity whore.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
He's never forgiven Knight for sacking his mate McGhee.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
BBC site pretty much confirms what DK said on SCR:

Knight reveals Hammond deal offer

Brighton chairman Dick Knight has revealed captain Dean Hammond rejected the chance to become the club's highest paid player in favour of a move away.
The midfielder, 24, joined Championship strugglers Colchester in a £250,000 deal on Thursday.

Knight told BBC Southern Counties Radio: "I made an offer to him that would have made him the highest paid player at the club.

"He would have been the second highest paid player in the club's history."

Knight added: "He declined because he wanted the option of getting a lucrative deal at the end of the season when he could walk away from this club for free

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I can remember people slating Andy Naylor when Zamora's agent gave the Argus an interview. It was long before McGhee became manager.
The standard insult was that Naylor is a Stoke fan, in those days.

He is there to sell papers, not to obey the club's publicity machine.

D

Deleted member 2719

I can remember people slating Andy Naylor when Zamora's agent gave the Argus an interview. It was long before McGhee became manager.

I am just one in an ever growing amount of Albion fans who won't buy the paper because Andy Naylor writes for them so he ain't doing a very good job IMO.

scouse23

Jan 30, 2008
For those of you that are too young to remember Hammond could'nt get in the team when Adams was manager, and he really did,nt rate him, and was about to be released, so as a player you really have to look after number one, there is no loyality from club to player and visa versa.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
I am just one in an ever growing amount of Albion fans who won't buy the paper because Andy Naylor writes for them so he ain't doing a very good job IMO.

I used to buy the Argus every day, but no more whilst that idiot Naylor write his anti Dick Knight articles everyday. The rag only costs 10p at the Uni, but even that doesnt tempt me!

Just where does this 'OWNED' phrase come from? My 12 year old son is constantly using it.

Interviewing former vice chairman John Campbell after the game was totaly surreal given our history, for newer fans he, Sizen and Bloom sued Gulls Eye back in 1990, but I was chuffed but what he said, "Whatever has gone between you and I one thing is for sure is that we both love the club."

I sometimes think that had he not been going through some serious personal issues he might have been able to have stopped Archer, he once told me and I have no reason not to believe him that his signature was allegedly forged on a document at a time when he was working in Nigeria when Archer picked the club up for the £56.

Then WHY didn't he go after Arser for fraud? WHO would have shrugged that off and said "oh well, he got away with forging my signature, fair play to him"!??!!

If you believe that Harty, then I fear you were..... 'owned'.

No.
Naylor's job is to report accurately what is going on and not just repeat unsubstantiated claims form agents, players or chairmen. We don't want his spin or take on thimgs which is frequentlt what we get iand usually anti Dick Knight and the present board

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
No.
Naylor's job is to report accurately what is going on and not just repeat unsubstantiated claims form agents, players or chairmen. We don't want his spin or take on thimgs which is frequentlt what we get iand usually anti Dick Knight and the present board

So when does 'unsubstantiated claims', a very pejorative term, become just 'what they think'? Naylor can report what the chairman, players, agents are saying all day for all I care. That's his job, and I want to hear it. I don't believe it all, but I'd rather hear it than have some clique of fans being the only people in the know.

I've often defended Naylor on here, but if there is a criticism recently it is that he (and Knight too) have allowed things to deteriorate to a very petty and personal level, it's not been about fair journalism and the club, it's been more about point-scoring and mud-slinging from both sides, and that does no one any favours.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here