Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

DJ Suspended For Playing Cliff

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Tony Blackburn has been suspended by Capital Gold for repeatedly playing Cliff Richard records. Seems fair to me.

Koaste

Jun 18, 2004
BN3
Suspended? Sounds more like a public flogging offence to me.... :glare:

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Congratulations

lincs seagull

Feb 25, 2004
boston
Some body should have banned him years ago he is a complete loon.

the log loving in im a celeb proved that

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
you can't argue with that . . . .TB actually hads good taste in music generally so this must be the final nail in his coffin

he's heading well towards the 'for god sake fetch the elephant tranquilizers' 'fetch the men in white coats, he's definitely gone completely bonkers'

he should have been put out to graze when Smashie and Nicey first parodied them all !

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
I'll be called a cynic but this has publicity-stunt written all over it.

Come Monday he'll be reinstated, generating another blaze of free PR for Capital Gold and TB.

Faldo

Jul 7, 2003
Wait a second, wait just a goddammed second!

Tony Blackburn is still getting work!!!????!

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
crasher said:
I'll be called a cynic but this has publicity-stunt written all over it.

Come Monday he'll be reinstated, generating another blaze of free PR for Capital Gold and TB.

Unlikely as Blackburn left Capital Gold over a year ago. He's been suspended from Classic Gold.

It's actually a shame that more DJ's don't take the stance that Tony Blackburn did as the enforced shite that makes up a required playlist makes most radio a turn off. I personally don't want to hear Frankee 9 times a day at work...

However... Splash FM DJ's play more or less what they like and the variety is spectacular.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Deserves it - first prize twat

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Given that over half the albums bought now are by over 40 somethings maybe the radio stations should consider exactly who their audiences are?

Classic Gold play old tracks so therefore 50's & 60's music which features Cliff is bound to be played.

Smithers-Jones

Mar 26, 2004
Eltham
Zef is correct, strangely enough TB is regarded as being something of an expert on old/vintage soul. He still does a show 3 times a week on BBC London, and if you can blank him out, the music is pretty good.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I like Tony Blackburn - ok he is a silly twat, but he is a silly English twat and I like him. He has had a long and varied career - when he was on "I'm a Celebrity, Get me out of here", I felt slightly embarrassed for him. But he won the thing, so he must still be popular.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
He made his stand and won - back on the station AND playing Cliff records.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here