Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

DIY....Falmer....Credit crunch

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
But Liverpool's revenue creation is many, many times that of the Albion too.

And their loses by fans thieving whereas ours just don't bother going :D

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
any budgets i have ever done......have never included a 50% increase in raw materials,ok we might get the extra funding,however if that funding was in lieu of future season ticket sales,i for one would be uneasy with that .

Will the club be employing lazy British people to do the construction work or those super efficient polish workers?

They are all going back to Poland now having earned their wedge.

and as the 2012 European Championships a re being held in Poland, they need to build lots of brand new shiney stadia pdqWinning Euro 2012 will result in a great deal of construction investments and enormous financial benefits to both Poland and the Ukraine, with some analysts putting the figures as high as 3 billion US Dollars worth of revenue. The tournament will also help shift the balance of power in football, and bring in resources and prestige to help boost the games of East European countries which have traditionally made little mark in international competitions. Euro 2012 will be the first major footballing event held by a country behind, or formerly behind, the Iron Curtain since Yugoslavia hosted the European Football Championships in 1976. It will be the first major sporting event of any kind hosted by an East European country since Moscow Olympics 1980.

Great news then for this part of the world, and a fantastic chance for Poland and Ukraine to show the world what they're capable of, both in terms of organising the event and competing in it!

Sports minister Elzbieta Jakubiak has said that construction of a national stadium in Warsaw for Euro 2012, which Poland will co-host with Ukraine, should begin in the spring of 2009 and will take about a year and a half.

This means the stadium will not be ready before the deadline set by UEFA for mid-2010. Minister Jakubiak is convinced that it is enough if stadiums are ready a year before the event. She said press reports that UEFA may deprive Poland of the right to organize Euro 2012 are rubbish.

Preparations are most advanced in Poznan, western Poland, where work on the local stadium is already on the way. A tender for the construction of a stadium in Warsaw was cancelled as the authorities had not decided whether it will be built on the site of a run-down communist-era facility, now serving as an open air market, or next to it.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
I guess if we can shave £6m off the price of the steel with a bit of tinkering the price of the stadium is now way, way in excess of £40m. I know we've heard its 'over' £50m but I would imagine we're somewhere between £70 & £80m now.

Not only has the price of steel & concrete gone through the roof, it's also not readily available in the quantities we're going to need.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Not only has the price of steel & concrete gone through the roof, it's also not readily available in the quantities we're going to need.

Both prices have come down in the last couple of weeks and there has never been a supply issue just a price issue.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Where I work we are on the verge of ordering copious quantities of steel. The only issues are price and lead time. We're being told 12 weeks to wait (not a prob if you put your order in on time). In our experience, price is not a major issue if you have a good competitive tender process. I don't think we need to worry too much as Mr Perry et al have already proved hundreds of times that they can manage issues like this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here