Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dispute with BT

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I may be being thick here, and I'm all for getting money out of companies, but 2 weeks worth of internet, is what £10 tops ? How long have you spent today trying to get the money back - is it worth it, or am I missing something here ?

It's a fair point but who doesn't get annoyed by big companies routinely doing that sort of thing? It's a matter of principle I'm sure, rather than a matter of the money.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
There seems to be a very knowlegeable lot on here about BT. Do any of you work for them?

I've worked for BT for the last 28 years, man, boy and zombie. Don't have a lot to do with telephones/broadband although I know a lot about the technology and infrastructure; for the last 21 years I've dealt with private circuits, everything from 2.4kb/sec to 10gb/sec.

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton
There seems to be a very knowlegeable lot on here about BT. Do any of you work for them?

Used to, a loooooong time ago.

However been doing business with Openreach, BT Retail and BT Wholesale for donkey's years.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
It's a fair point but who doesn't get annoyed by big companies routinely doing that sort of thing? It's a matter of principle I'm sure, rather than a matter of the money.

True, but I'm not sure I could be arsed, my time and effort is more valuable.

Neil

Eastie
Aug 27, 2010
Langney
it wasnt the £12 they owed me it was because I couldnt pay the amended bill. The Asian call Centre said that they were sending me amended bill that never arrived , then they never returned the call they promised and I couldnt contact a complaints dept from BT in this country.
Waste of time well rid

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
I've worked for BT for the last 28 years, man, boy and zombie. Don't have a lot to do with telephones/broadband although I know a lot about the technology and infrastructure; for the last 21 years I've dealt with private circuits, everything from 2.4kb/sec to 10gb/sec.

I took an early release package from BT in 2008 after 38 years. Worked in exchanges on private and traffic circuits. Headquartered at Withdean.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I took an early release package from BT in 2008 after 38 years. Worked in exchanges on private and traffic circuits. Headquartered at Withdean.

We've probably met then; I was in the RSC on the ground floor from about 1987 to 1989. Did you ever play snooker at lunchtimes ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here