Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Disney+

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
£4.99/month bolt-on with my O2 phone contract.

I'll enable it to watch Shogun and then take it off again.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Login, remove the Mastercard, and sign up using the Amex. I have to remove my Amex and re-submit it every time I get a new X months free code to renew because the persistent authorisation expires due to non-use because I'm using freebies.

I'll try again but I can't seem to find the option. Probably me being thick.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
£4.99/month bolt-on with my O2 phone contract.

I'll enable it to watch Shogun and then take it off again.
A wise choice although 'Wrexham is about to start as well.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Quite enjoying the Shardlake series, based on the first book in the series by the late CJ Sansom.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Quite enjoying the Shardlake series, based on the first book in the series by the late CJ Sansom.
Gosh! I didn’t realize he had died, an outstanding author, I know he had been ill but very sad to hear the news.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I disagree, the content on Netflix is 10 times that of D+ and the amount of non-English shows and films on NFlix far outstrips D+ a platform that rarely updates its content in comparison. I ride for free on the coattails of someone who has it but no way would I pay for D+

And the less said about The Bear the better, utter shite. :wink: :smile:
Attempting to watch a non-English film on Netflix and again there's only Close Caption subtitles. That's really shit

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Not sure if it's been mentioned here or not, but me and the Mrs have been watching Snowfall.
It is hands down one of the best shows I've ever watched, we're just about to start season 5 of 6 and we're absolutely engrossed in it.
It's about the CIA supplying drugs to a young dealer in south central LA who makes the crack cocaine business explode. The funds are used by the CIA to supply arms to the contras in Nicaragua to fight the illegal war against the drugs trade. There's also mexican cartels, Israeli mob bosses, LA gangsters, and everyone is out for themselves in one way or another.
Watching how the young lad changes from nickel and dime weed to multi million crime boss is amazing (the lad who plays Franklin is actually British, he's excellent.)
Can't recommend this series enough, 40 episodes in and each one has been brilliant.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Not sure if it's been mentioned here or not, but me and the Mrs have been watching Snowfall.
It is hands down one of the best shows I've ever watched, we're just about to start season 5 of 6 and we're absolutely engrossed in it.
It's about the CIA supplying drugs to a young dealer in south central LA who makes the crack cocaine business explode. The funds are used by the CIA to supply arms to the contras in Nicaragua to fight the illegal war against the drugs trade. There's also mexican cartels, Israeli mob bosses, LA gangsters, and everyone is out for themselves in one way or another.
Watching how the young lad changes from nickel and dime weed to multi million crime boss is amazing (the lad who plays Franklin is actually British, he's excellent.)
Can't recommend this series enough, 40 episodes in and each one has been brilliant.
mmmm this sounds a bit of me, It’s on Disney?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Disney+ has announced its first-ever Polish original series.

Breslau will star Tomasz Schuchardt, Agata Kulesza and Sandra Drzymalska.

The eight-part crime drama is set in Breslau in year 1936. It tells the story of a police commissioner Franz Podolsky, who investigates a brutal murder. Because of the upcoming Olympic Games, the pressure to catch the murderer is immense.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Myself and my kids are into all things star wars and we're so so about the Acolyte especially the woeful 3rd episode and some of the laughable acting from the leads. It is worth sticking with till episode 5 if you like a good light sabre scrap though which redeemed a lot went on before it.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Myself and my kids are into all things star wars and we're so so about the Acolyte especially the woeful 3rd episode and some of the laughable acting from the leads. It is worth sticking with till episode 5 if you like a good light sabre scrap though which redeemed a lot went on before it.
Actually don't bother. Utter toilet all round.

Badly written and badly acted in a way you were supposed to feel sorry for the main character (s) but you just wanted their heads chopped off with a light sabre. The private school Jedi bloke a close second. Green women a close 3rd. Anyone sensible would have thrown the scripts in the bin and told them to start again.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Actually don't bother. Utter toilet all round.

Badly written and badly acted in a way you were supposed to feel sorry for the main character (s) but you just wanted their heads chopped off with a light sabre. The private school Jedi bloke a close second. Green women a close 3rd. Anyone sensible would have thrown the scripts in the bin and told them to start again.
Gave up 15mins into Ep.3 and haven't watched any of it since. First time ever that I've not bothered watching a SW series.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Well I enjoyed the Acolyte. Not the best D+ series by any stretch, but for me an interesting story with some good lore chucked in without breaking canon. The finale was actually one of the better ones neatly tying up the main story and setting up the possibility for a new one. The fight choreography was great, and for me Manny Jacinto gave a great performance as Qimir.

I get that many were disappointed with it, it was not the Sith story that was promised I felt. I can see why people were out on it and were unlikely to be won back, which is fair enough.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Well I enjoyed the Acolyte. Not the best D+ series by any stretch, but for me an interesting story with some good lore chucked in without breaking canon. The finale was actually one of the better ones neatly tying up the main story and setting up the possibility for a new one. The fight choreography was great, and for me Manny Jacinto gave a great performance as Qimir.

I get that many were disappointed with it, it was not the Sith story that was promised I felt. I can see why people were out on it and were unlikely to be won back, which is fair enough.

The plot was all over the place. Set something on fire and try and kill your sister? Yeah, that's all fine because it's not actually your fault. Whose fault was it then? Well, we are going to blame a guy who wasn't even on the planet at the same time as the first murder and there were several witnesses to this in the pub in episode 1. None of them could surely get confused between a Korean bloke and a girl that wasn't the same height, sex or even race as the person that killed the only decent character in the first 10 minutes. You wouldn't need Johnathan Creek to blow a hole in that cover story. What happened to the big eyed pub landlord FFS?

I'll grant you the light sabre scenes were good and Manny Jacinto gave out acting lessons to the rest of them but that was about it.

I didn't think anything could be worse than the first episode of Doctor Who which seemed to consist of Ncuti Gatwa saying "Space babies" for an hour. Fair play to Disney for clearing that high bar.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here