Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Disco crew stand up!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Right then.

I'm playing a set at my sis' wedding reception next week and want to play some HAVEYWEIGHT disco BANGERS. My knowledge on this music form is limited so I need YOUR help. Suggestions please!

THANKS THEN BYE BYE!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
download one of the (many) classic 70s/80s Disco CDs, stick it on repeat and hit the bar all night :thumbsup:

Jan 30, 2008
Right then.

I'm playing a set at my sis' wedding reception next week and want to play some HAVEYWEIGHT disco BANGERS. My knowledge on this music form is limited so I need YOUR help. Suggestions please!

THANKS THEN BYE BYE!
did you get out as a youth :shrug:

Jan 30, 2008
wedding receptions soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo predictable ,dance around your hand bags ladys, gentleman do the funky chicken, all go home pissed and laugh about it the next day :p

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Dancing Queen - Abba

Can't go wrong

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If you don't play these you've failed BIG time as a DJ ( I could of course be stuck in a time warp and youngsters today might consider these to be shit :shrug:)

[yt]cnzLc_iwQDk[/yt]

[yt]1p9h1ISE18I&feature[/yt]

[yt]hajBdDM2qdg[/yt]

[yt]nfLEc09tTjI[/yt]

Last edited:

siclean

ex hollingbury
Apr 14, 2009
used to be cab driver in btn, in my early days i used to pick up from wedding recps etc, grief, grief and more grief...bullshit and more bullshit from the piss heads.. lets just say after doing about 3 of em i stopped.. whenever i used to be given a job to any function i used to say "sorry mobile " or rather .."thanks but no thanks !!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
When you need a break, can I recommend this one. Get the original and it's about 15 mins long, so plenty of time out for the hard worked DJ :thumbsup:

I fecking hate the song but punters seem to love it. ( well they did in days gone by)

[yt]3TZyqMD5ncw[/yt]

siclean

ex hollingbury
Apr 14, 2009
boom boom pop should get em all up on the floor... well im 48 and love it !!!

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Here are some bona fide Disco classics, many of which we played at my own wedding which went down a treat.

Tantra - Hills of Katmandu

YouTube - ~Disco~ Tantra - Hills of Katmandu (1980)

Thelma houston - Dont leave me this way

Sylvester and Patrick Cowley - Do you wanna funk

Patrick Cowley - Mindwarp

Harry Thurmann - Underwater

Debbie Jacobs - High onyour love

Can someone tell me how to embed youtube into this thing?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here