Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Disappointing TOYS

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
One Xmas I got a chemistry set and my bros got the Meccano

Mucho disappointment and some not very well concealed commandeerment had moi wielding the tiny metal spanner in double quick time

Led on to a not very long lived career in Motor Vehicle Servicing and Repair :rolleyes:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It was the same damn thing every Christmas in Scotland. Us kids would rush out of bed at first light (about one in the afternoon) and feverishly rip the festive wrapping off the presents under the tree - only to find the usual set of four AA batteries and a note from Santa: 'Toy Not Included' :down:

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Etch A Sketch

The reality was more like this:

sketch.jpg

Ah, so it wasn't just me that created the famous 'Duck wielding chainsaw' sketch, then. Smart.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
veld-astroturf.jpg

Inspired by Uncle Spielberg I too am tempted out of temporary NSC silence tonight by this thread... a yuletide gift (c.1981) of Subbuteo Astroturf remaining to this day the single biggest disappointment in my life.

I had BADGERED my parents for several months in order that they would stretch the festive budget and purchase the coveted artificial surface as my "big present"... imagine my dismay when I discovered that once unfurled the rolled up mat could only be made about as playable as the South Downs (rather than the Wembleylike sward I had envisaged...).

It only dawned on me a few years ago that my Dad had been quite hopeless in not resolving the situation by simply fixing the pitch to a board, as was presumably intended - but that sort of thing was never his forte and the Astroturf remained unused until being thrown out a few years later...

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
MOUSETRAP was a disappointing pile of WANK.

Mousetrap would take about half an hour to set up, and then bore the pants off you.

Did anyone ever play COLDITZ. By the time I worked out the rules when I got it one Christmas the rest of the family had fallen asleep.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here