Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Disabled season ticket prices

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
This is the relevant section from the current Club Charter

6.5 Disabled Supporters

Disabled supporters will be charged the season ticket price equivalent to the pricing structure in the area in which they purchase their seat.

Applicants requiring a personal assistant must register proof of their own disability in advance with the club by providing one of the following:

Supporters can purchase a disabled season or match ticket at the American Express Community Stadium if they are in receipt of any of the following documents: - Middle Rate Disability Living Allowance (DLA) - Attendance Allowance (AA) - Severe Disablement Allowance (SDA) - War Disabled Pension - Certificate of Visual Impairment (CVI 2003)

Evidence must be supplied at the ticket office on an annual basis

Where the need for personal support has been identified, the club will admit the personal assistant free of charge on the understanding that they are providing a service to the disabled supporter to enable them to access match facilities.

Disabled supporters who register the need for a personal assistant may be refused entry should they arrive at the ground unattended as the club cannot guarantee that this service will be provided by club staff. No carer may enter the ground using his complimentary ticket if the person to whom he provides assistance is not attending the game.

When restricted view seats are offered for sale it is made clear that the view of the playing area is restricted and they are sold at an appropriately reduced price.

It ignores those whom can't hear announcements, but that is how It has always been.

Miffy

Jun 18, 2013
I would assume that any major important evacuation style announcements would be displayed on the screens no? Hearing would not be a problem in those circumstances

It ignores those whom can't hear announcements, but that is how It has always been.

Sure, as it does generally with disabled spectators who are not in receipt of DLA (or PIP, I assume), AA, SDA, WDP or have a CVI. This is a much larger group including people such as yourself as well as cancer patients, those with HIV and MS all of whom are automatically classified as being disabled under the 2010 Equality Act.

I am only quoting what a friend if mine was told by the club top rate DLA or they do not regard you as disabled. Hearing raises an interesting point because that probably woukfnt qualify for top rate DLA but I can see your point regarding safety
announcements.

Whether you are disabled or not is defined in law in the 2010 Equality Act:

"The Act defines a disabled person as a person with a disability. A
person has a disability for the purposes of the Act if he or she has a
physical or mental impairment and the impairment has a substantial
and long-term adverse effect on his or her ability to carry out normal
day-to-day activities."

No mention of DLA, PIP, SDA etc; they're irrelevant.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
The club should also introduce a new category of reduced price season ticket entitled "Disabling Season Tickets" specifically for the WSU. By the time you reach the top you are considerably less able bodied than you were when you commenced the climb!!

LowerWesty

LowerWesty
Aug 16, 2012
Hassocks
Good answers

Whether you are disabled or not is defined in law in the 2010 Equality Act:

"The Act defines a disabled person as a person with a disability. A
person has a disability for the purposes of the Act if he or she has a
physical or mental impairment and the impairment has a substantial
and long-term adverse effect on his or her ability to carry out normal
day-to-day activities."

No mention of DLA, PIP, SDA etc; they're irrelevant.

Thanks 'Alex'

Theses posts clearly define what and why. They are well researched and I consider very helpful. No doubt BAHA will update its definition regarding PIP, if necessary, but this will not alter the basic conditions.

Cheers Noel

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Oh right. Interesting! Thank you. I'm registered disabled due to my hearing ability, although the implant has worked wonders.

It depends on what registered disabled category you have from the government .

My deaf mate doesn't get any kind of discount or carer allowance.

But he/she is quite possibly classified as "disabled" under the 2010 Equality Act. It's all about impairment (generally long term) in carrying out a normal life and, in the case of BHA, their responsibilities under the Act - cf (from the current Club Charter):

1) "BHAFC (the Club) is committed to ensuring that its disabled supporters and customers have as full access as is reasonably possible to make to all goods, services and facilities provided or offered to the public by the Club."
2) "The Club will operate a concessionary ticketing policy for disabled supporters and will ensure that the scheme does not discriminate between disabled people with differing impairments."
3) "The Club recognises that not all of its facilities are fully accessible to disabled customers and confirms that it is committed to making necessary reasonable adjustments described by the Equality Act and its relevant Codes of Practice to ensure full compliance with the legislation."

Point 2 is clearly currently not adhered to wrt to parking season season tickets for disabled supporters in that it can be argued that the scheme discriminates between people who are/ are not Blue Badges holders (ie have different impairments) on the grounds of cost.
Point 3, which is a sort of cop-out from complying with the exact conditions of the 2010 Equality Act and guidance, seems very odd since the Act was on the statute book before the Amex opened - my inference is the "We've built a new stadium that doesn't comply with the current legislation"?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here