Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Disabled Parking

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I thought things had moved on from Ron Pavey's infamous "the players are bringing out Easter Eggs for the cripples in the corner" comment back at the Goldstone in the '80s.......but sadly no :(

At least they had somewhere to park!

libra-gully

Jan 26, 2011
Only when I have emailed the club, have I been told that I have a space. At 17:05pm on Saturday, nothing has arrived in the post.

In hindsight, the club wanted me to book my tickets for today, on the basis of they had told me I had a space.

Sadly, I learnt years ago to believe nothing until it became a fact. Please forgive me being cynical, but recent events have proved my position to be a wise one. Who else ever believed that we would be charged for this facility after being told it would be free?

I was convinced that if I had purchased our seat tickets, that without a car park ticket we would not be admitted past the barrier. As a result I held off buying for Tottenham. The game became sold out last night, and so our family missed the celebrations.

How did we come to this, where the club say that Tottenham was one of the games paid for in our 30 tickets, and yet they haven't arrived after the game, never mind in plenty of time before the game.

It is a fact that most disabled people have to organise well in advance to cover and pre-plan for any eventuality. This seems to be a consideration not afforded to us here. I wished to be organised well in advance for the Tottenham game, never mind Doncaster in seven days time.

Instead, because I'm disabled and had no choice other than to drive, we have not only missed one game already, but quite a significant one.

Lush

Mods' Pet
Are you in a wheelchair? if not, the Mithras House Park and Ride (and Cockcroft House opposite) had lots of spaces today, there's a bus door to door (rather than walking from uni car park) that takes about 10 mins, and it will only cost you £30, versus whatever the parking space costs.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
]

I was convinced that if I had purchased our seat tickets, that without a car park ticket we would not be admitted past the barrier. As a result I held off buying for Tottenham. The game became sold out last night, and so our family missed the celebrations.

If you had an email confirmation from the club that you had a space for the game, why didn't you just print it and take that along?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here