Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Diouf gesture

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Well done to the officials in spotting it and not bottling it in front of the belligerent home fans.

The Sewer Rat strikes again, from spitting at opposing fans to this, it will be a good day when the :wanker: leaves these shores.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Who cares, what a day.

Ulloa loved it celebrating infront of us for the winner.

Absolutely. He got so excited that he was about to take his shirt off and wave it about. Whoever the first player to grab him in celebration pulled it back down over his face to save another yellow.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
So he ran from the other end to do it as well? I didn't think it was possible for me to think he's an even bigger **** than I already did. MORON.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
As I understand it, following Coca Cola Kid's antics at the Amex and subsequent complaints from supporters, referees were given a directive to monitor behaviour from opposition players.....

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Absolutely. He got so excited that he was about to take his shirt off and wave it about. Whoever the first player to grab him in celebration pulled it back down over his face to save another yellow.

Awesome, wouldn't say barnes could link up with ulloa but **** cms, barnes is a perfect combination.

sod1

Jan 12, 2008
Brasov , Romania
prior to any off the red cards, there was a group of 4/5 P*ssed blokes next to me, one of them shouted out probably the most stupid comment ive ever heard at a footy match , directed at diouf and i qoute " lets have some spit you spitting c*nt" , one of them later got ejected as Austin walked towards the tunnel after being sent off, the rest of them seemed to sober up rather sharpish ! no idea what he did to get kicked out though

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
*post removed*

For the sake of this thread not turning into a binfest, I feel it important to point out that not everyone is going to be comfortable with that post. In case you wanted to rethink it.

Last edited:

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I was under the impression he was blowing kisses at the Brighton fans and his hand gesture wasn't a wanker sign. If I'm wrong ill retract it.

He did both. He ran back, put his hand to his groin rubbed them, did a quick sign then turned away. A steward afterwards said that he also said something but I can't confirm that, although it is interesting that the linesman didn't flag until after he turned back round having walked away after his gesture.

I told Sarah watts afterwards that this could be her first assist at a sending off as I'm sure, in the current climate surrounding our club (include the car incident) that there's a focus on this kind of stuff.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
He did both. He ran back, put his hand to his groin rubbed them, did a quick sign then turned away. A steward afterwards said that he also said something but I can't confirm that, although it is interesting that the linesman didn't flag until after he turned back round having walked away after his gesture.

I told Sarah watts afterwards that this could be her first assist at a sending off as I'm sure, in the current climate surrounding our club (include the car incident) that there's a focus on this kind of stuff.
What was that?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
For the sake of this thread not turning into a binfest, I feel it important to point out that not everyone is going to be comfortable with that post. In case you wanted to rethink it.

Not particularly comfortable with "shouldn't be allowed in the country" either.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Mildly amusing coincidence: a few weeks ago, some on-loan Palace winger (nippy lad, dives a lot, runs in circles, never passes the ball) gave Leeds fans the finger after a game at Selhurst. Many Leeds fans demanded action and a ban for him. Palace, meanwhile, claimed their winger had been subject to racial abuse, which Leeds of course flatly denied.

Today, Diouf aims an obscene gesture at Albion fans: Leeds fans are tending to suggest he shouldn't be banned because "it's only a gesture" and that "he must have been racially abused" before he lost his rag.

Curious, I think.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here